Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Miscellany in MWM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Miscellany in MWM

Did I mention the new Miscellany section? No? Read this.

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:06 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Great info Berry.

I have the first edition Dieties & DemiGods! w00t, w00t! I always loved checking out the Elric and Stormbringer stats. And the Nehwon stuff is great!

Hey Mouser, remember these guys?
    [broken link][broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:06 PM.
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Y'know, I was paging through the TST Encyclopedia Magica Vol. 3 this past weekend and something jumped out at me: "The Ring of Kings." It opens with a line simliar to "This unique item is set with a single rare actorious stone..." Also, in the swords section (vol. 4) is Stormbringer. I wonder if when compiling the volumes ten years ago they referenced back through all of the previous books, regardless of what edition or any copyright issues, or if they recieved permission to use the items. Or maybe they put enough change in the items to bypass the copyright laws? I certain that if I were to look throught he other volumes I'd find more items from the young kingdoms.

I'd love to get my hands on that first edition Dieties & Demigods though!

Viszont!
      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

The new miscellany section is great Berry. It's got stuff that I used to have in the original edition but I had to sell it for cash when I was hard up and I haven't seen those pics and stats for fifteen years or more. Brings back old memories. 8) I have a version of Chaosium's Stormbringer in pdf if you need it but my hunch is it's already in your collection.

Originally posted by VonWeiner
        Hey Mouser, remember these guys?
        :D That'll be Sheel and Ning, otherwise known as Sheelba of the Eyeless Face and Ninguable of the Seven Eyes. Haven't seen those pics in three lustrums or more, bless their mysterious, cotton socks. :lol:

'Hsst, Fafhrd tall! Ho, Mouser small!
        Why leave you the city?
        It were a great pity
        To wear out your hearts and your feet
        Before you once more Lankhmar greet'

You've set me off Von - I'd better shut up now :twisted:

Comment

Working...
        X