Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Black Sword Hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Sword Hack

"BLACK SWORD HACK is a dark fantasy roleplaying game inspired by books such as Michael Moorcock's Stormbringer or Karl Edward Wagner's Kane series. It is a stand-alone game that uses the Black Hack 2nd edition as a foundation and adds a few tweaks."

Note that the Black Hack started out as a very stripped down version of early D&D, emphasizing simplicity and ease of play.

There are quite a lot of these "stripped down" systems about these days. Its quite interesting that after the "bugger rules - i just want a group story" vogue, we've come back round to "just give me a limited few options to choose from 90% of the time". Fashion eh? Which leads me to conclude that there isn't a "better" style of game: fashions just come and go and come back again. Doesn't stop there being better/worse implementations though!

Comment

Whether you want a story game RPG, a more trad RPG, or some combination of both, there is certainly an embarrassment of RPG riches out there right now.

Comment

Working...
      X