Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric's first visit to Nadsokor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mespheber
    replied
    Naaa, it's after. Elric and Moonglum are having afffairs with some whores who robb Elric's ring. Then they're slaughtered by their employers: some beggars from Nadsokor. It's in err... The Sleeping Sorceress or The Bane of the Black Sword... I can't tell which chapter...

Leave a comment:

• Morgan Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by demos99
    Charlie, might be worth cross-posting this question in the Q&A forum in case Mike can shed any light on the situation. (Generally speaking, Mike doesn't stray outside the Q&A forum so might not see your question otherwise.)

Welcome to the Multiverse, btw. :)
    It seems me, his ring was stolen ........ i don' t remember in which volume the story is told

In my memeory the story takes place during the wandering before the fall of the singing city ?

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Charlie, might be worth cross-posting this question in the Q&A forum in case Mike can shed any light on the situation. (Generally speaking, Mike doesn't stray outside the Q&A forum so might not see your question otherwise.)

Welcome to the Multiverse, btw. :)

Leave a comment:

• cseljos
    started a topic Elric's first visit to Nadsokor

Elric's first visit to Nadsokor

All --

This may be slightly off-topic, but the reason I submit the question is that I intend to use this in a Stormbringer RPG adventure.

In The Vanishing Tower, an agent of Urish, the beggar king of Nadsokor, robs the albino of the Ring of Kings. When they go to recover it from that city, Elric tells Moonglum that he has been to Nadsokor previously, "to recover some property."

It it made clear at any point in the saga (or perhaps in the "Pawns of Chaos" compendium?) just what property he went to recover, or at what point in the saga he does this?

I somehow have it in my head that he went to obtain a scroll or grimmoire that he thought might enable him to awaken Cymoril, but I can't seem find a reference to that after several days of searching the novels. Or did he seek a Nanorian stone in Urish's hoard?

When I run Stormbringer adventures, I prefer to have the characters in the game engage in activities that run in parallel with events in the story. The adventurers get glimpses of events in the saga as the game proceeds, and if I create the adventure well, their actions make events in the saga possible. The premise of the adventure I envision is that the player-characters are involved tangentially in the saga by being tricked into delivering the scroll or Nanorian to King Urish in Nadsokor, well in advance of Elric's first visit to that misbegotten city.

Thanks, in advance, for any input you might have on this.

-- Charlie
Working...
X