Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Will there ever be an Elric card game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be an Elric card game?

I don't know if it was brought up before,but I wonder if there will be an Elric or Multiverse themed card deck game?

I know Magic:The Gathering has a "Runesword" card, but it is hardly Stormbringer,hehe.

If one card type game is made, I hope that it would be different from the games that have rare,uncommon and common cards. I was thinking it could be set up in a way that the cards could represent characters,events and locations and each player would have an equal deck and maybe have a shared deck that contained special cards like the appearance of Eternal Champions. Or just play from one deck in the center of the table.

Or maybe have a combination of a card game or a board game that actually followed the various storylines of the books.

I think a new game based on the Multiverse would be great fun.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

I think a stand alone card game would be awesome, but CCGs fall from grace quite frequently, with only a handful that have stood the test of time. With a stand alone card game, you know the game would last and you would be able to play friends without having them fork over a ton of money trying to collect the series or at least get better cards.

Comment

I love the concept of games based on cards, esp the better illustrated ones, and have collected CCG's in the past, but it can get intimidating, not to say messy and expensive when the card collections start getting into the 1000+ mark, so I have to agree with you both that a smaller stand alone card game would probably be a preferable option.

There has been an Elric boardgame (check the image gallery for pics) but previous plans for a card game have fallen through. With a bit of luck we might see more stuff appearing closer to the release of the new Elric movie.

Comment

I will grow more and more anxious as the movie gets closer to being made.

Another thought on the card game,maybe Mike could ask Steve Jackson of Steve Jackson games to produce it. The old Illuminati game was always fun and they have a card game (player deck) version of it as well. Maybe they could come up with some ideas and come up with a good system for it. Just think of all the cool artwork that could be used for the pictures on the cards!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I submitted an Eternal Champion-based card design to Wizards of the Coast after the release of the MtG: Legends set. I'm sure I've got the notes somewhere in my files.

I've definitely thought about un-MtG-ing it, and seeing if Mike and agent thought there would be interest in a non-CCG card game.
          grodog
          ---
          Allan Grohe
          [email protected]
          http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
          http://www.black-blade-publishing.com/

Comment

with all the talk about Corum and the gang.....

I was just thinking......

How cool would it be to have an Eternal Champion trivia game?

That would rule all! imho.

Who would make it though?, it would take a few re-reads to get questions and answers. From simple to medium to difficult to very difficult to near impossible!

That would be so much fun, it's insane!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I like the new age CCGs like the "Pirates of the Spanish Main" which gives you cards that are buildable ships and forts. It's an interesting blend between CCG, minature wargaming, etc. So the possiblities for something radical are out there... just when and where

Comment

The only Card trading game I played was MTG, and that was many years ago.
                I haven't really botherred since then.

I asusme they're still popular, but I really wouldn't know.

Whatever the case, if the Artwork for an Elric trading card game was nice, I would probably buy a deck or 2, but probably would not play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
                  I like the new age CCGs like the "Pirates of the Spanish Main" which gives you cards that are buildable ships and forts. It's an interesting blend between CCG, minature wargaming, etc. So the possiblities for something radical are out there... just when and where

Oh yes, I HAVE played that, but that's more of a wargame which you construct ships out out cards.

Comment

Working...
                  X