Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer MUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer MUD

Well the site seems to be active. I attempted to connected at the www.storm-bringer.org using GMUD - but was not able to connect. However, using Neotrace, I was able to get the IP. Successfully connected using:

IP: 194.193.195.131 Port: 4500

I went through the tutorial and got stuck in the morgue - yay! My question is, is anyone still playing this? Its quite apparent the site is still up, but the level of activity remains a mystery to me.
    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

I played at the time this was posted, as Talin I think..

Does anyone know if this game is still around, maybe hosted on a different server? I stopped playing after they nerfed mages by taking away duel wield.. I came back after my anger had tempered a bit and I can't connect.
    "Without some confirmation of the order of things, my only comfort is to accept the anarchy. This way, I can revel in chaos and know, without fear, that we are all doomed from the start, that our brief existence is both meaningless and damned. I can accept then, that we are more than forsaken, because there was never anything there to forsake us." - Elric of Melnibone

Comment

Originally posted by Dagalur View Post
      I played at the time this was posted, as Talin I think..

Does anyone know if this game is still around, maybe hosted on a different server? I stopped playing after they nerfed mages by taking away duel wield.. I came back after my anger had tempered a bit and I can't connect.
      It's gone Talin. I was there as Jhary...
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

That's pretty disappointing.. though not surprising, no one ever played it seemed, and whenever there was other people on they all seemed to do their own thing.

So.. I don't suppose there's any chance of it coming back?
        "Without some confirmation of the order of things, my only comfort is to accept the anarchy. This way, I can revel in chaos and know, without fear, that we are all doomed from the start, that our brief existence is both meaningless and damned. I can accept then, that we are more than forsaken, because there was never anything there to forsake us." - Elric of Melnibone

Comment

o.0 - I made that post 5 years ago!
          Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

"We've had a lot of RPG necrobumpage of late."
            \

Comment

I've noticed. Its going so far back there's posts I don't even remember making.

Comment

It's well known that chronic head-banging causes brain damage, dontchano?

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Mwahahaha!

Comment

listen to pandora with Kommando's Cat headbanging in the backgound. That's trippy. Is it my imagination or does he bang his head to the beat of teh music?
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Just found out it's back from mudconnector :)
                      Nobody there but me atm, but it's there. All characters exist except mine.

stormbringer.sytes.net:4501

Comment

You gotta be kidding me. Wowzers!

Comment

We've got an IRC too. #stormbringer
                          Few AFKs w/ global timezones but there are a couple of us on all the time.

Comment

And as FYI, quick cap of playerlist...

Jerum
                            Jessa
                            Jezaleine
                            Jharum
                            Jharyaconel
                            Jhray
                            Jhyrbian
                            Jieryn

You're still there.

:)