Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Inspiration for rôle playing game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiration for rôle playing game

Hello, I found this site by complete hazard !
    I'm glad to put here just a few words to thank you for the inspiration your work gave to rأ´le play gamers and I would be proud to present those things we do for our NeverWinterNight's game site !

We do construct a cosmogony, lighter than what is in the multiverse, but with the concept of something higher watching and balancing.
    Two entity Ashka & Mأ©o, giving life to Gwyvel, mother earth, spliting later in 6 powers incarnating many primary aspects.

We were discussing about dragons, also when to make life and the first spirits (elves, dwarves, human)...

I wanted to ask you something in particular :
    We, in rpg, have fun to interact with superior Powers as Elric do with Arioch or any others.
    So why intervene and what a power like this could gain in helping mortals ?
    How can we mix and balance "faction" interactions and god intervention ?
    A question about politics & religion in RPG Games.

Re: Inspiration for rأ´le playing game

Originally posted by lylver
    Hello, I found this site by complete hazard !
    I'm glad to put here just a few words to thank you for the inspiration your work gave to rأ´le play gamers and I would be proud to present those things we do for our NeverWinterNight's game site !

We do construct a cosmogony, lighter than what is in the multiverse, but with the concept of something higher watching and balancing.
    Two entity Ashka & Mأ©o, giving life to Gwyvel, mother earth, spliting later in 6 powers incarnating many primary aspects.

We were discussing about dragons, also when to make life and the first spirits (elves, dwarves, human)...

I wanted to ask you something in particular :
    We, in rpg, have fun to interact with superior Powers as Elric do with Arioch or any others.
    So why intervene and what a power like this could gain in helping mortals ?
    How can we mix and balance "faction" interactions and god intervention ?
    A question about politics & religion in RPG Games.
    And your question being?????

Comment

The Gods needing something

What does the God needs from the mortals ?
      I don't believe this is just beeing happy to be worshiped.
      See the Greek Mythos, as Homأ¨re describe it, they all whatch each other, breed and battle with humans : what do they get for it ? Just pleasure ?

Giving credits to M.Moorcock, he seems to have others sorts of view when he describes the final fought of The Law and Chaos in the Book Stormbringer.
      Some ideas behind these may help

Comment

Working...
      X