Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Chaosium Stormbringer and Hawkmoon RPGs Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaosium Stormbringer and Hawkmoon RPGs Online

Hi:

I new site called www.drivethrurpg.com is seeling the Chaosium games Stormbringer and Hawkmoon. They are downloadable PDFs of pretty good quality.

While this is good for fans, because the prices are pretty cheap, I suspect it also another sorce of income for Chaosium, the royalties of which I doubt MM was aware of.

Watti.

Enjoy. I haven't had royalties from Chaosium in years. Something I'm going to have to start dealing with in the future. Meanwhile, be assured, you're not ripping ME off... :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Dear Universal

Registrant:
      DriveThruRPG.com
      ATTN: DRIVETHRURPG.COM
      c/o Network Solutions
      P.O. Box 447
      Herndon, VA 20172-0447
      Phone: 570-708-8780

Domain Name: DRIVETHRURPG.COM

Administrative Contact :
      McDonough, Chris
      [email protected] m
      ATTN: DRIVETHRURPG.COM
      c/o Network Solutions
      P.O. Box 447
      Herndon, VA 20172-0447
      Phone: 570-708-8780

Technical Contact :
      Network Solutions, LLC. (HOST-ORG)
      [email protected]
      13200 Woodland Park Drive
      Herndon, VA 20171-3025
      US
      Phone: 1-888-642-9675
      Fax: 571-434-4620

Record expires on 24-Feb-2007 Renew this domain
      Record created on 24-Feb-2004
      Database last updated on 13-Jul-2004

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

Z1.NS.NYC1.GLOBIX.NET 209.10.66.55
      Z1.NS.SJC1.GLOBIX.NET 209.10.34.55
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

How unfortunate

Mike,

It looks like one of the White Wolf guys, Chris McDonough, administrates the RPGDriveThru. It appears he is peddling Chaosium crap.

http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?o...&creatorid=230
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Publisher Services, Inc. the company purporting to operate that website doesn't exist on The Internet. I can't find a website or reference to that company any where on the 'net.

Comment

I recognized that website as the shopping cart that Chaosium used to use to sell their crap. I suspect this RPG puppy mill has a parent company or close relationship with afore mentioned RPG company.

Comment

Given that Chaosium have no electronic rights to any of my characters, are they breaking their contract, which only allows them board game rights ?

The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Bring out the army of Lawyers!

Go on!

You know you want to!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Actually I hate getting into lawsuits and avoid them as much as possible.
                  They take up so much time and energy which could be used for writing.
                  Until recently some firms have tended to rely on this reluctance, so bit by bit I'm steeling myself to go after the infringers. With luck, after the movie comes out, Universal will be doing that sort of thing!

Comment

They take up so much time and energy which could be used for writing.
                    That's kinda the line I was thinking on, since it would unfortunately not distract from the writing you aren't doing anymore - not for the fun of a lawsuit, but just to see them get their comeuppance (spelling? 8O ) but maybe it would be better to let Universal handle it... Their Lawyers would command a higher price and thus would be far more evil and hence far more successful in the realm of Court!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Hey Folks,
                      Was alerted to this thread by some fans. Just stopping by to clear up some info.

First, we are an anti-piracy site. We started this site to give RPG publishers a place to distribute old out of print products that were being stolen and traded freely on the internet. All of our materials are protected with Digital Rights Management through Adobe that prevents them from being redistributed for free. We have contracts with every publisher on our site and they receive the lion's share of any moneys from our distribution.

We have 2 websites.
                      One is located at http://www.drivethrurpg.com. This site does not link to our other site http://www.publisherservicesinc.com because that site is targeted at publishers who need distribution.

Finally, our contract is with Chaosium, if they no longer have the rights to distribute Mr. Moorcock's work, then I am sure it is simply an error that they were unaware of. If there is a misunderstanding, then I'm certain a simple call to those folks will resolve it. If they ask us to take it down, we will gladly oblige. We would NEVER want to do anything that even accidentally infringed on an author's work. As I said, we created this site to protect author's rights. As far as electronic rights go, these are simply downloadable books, no different from their paper form, simply without the paper and the enormous cost of printing.

I am astounded that with our level of content, our professional approach and our emphasis on rights management that anyone would ever mistake us for a site that pirates books.

Hope this clears things up.

The DriveThruRPG.com team.

Comment

Until you stop circulating your Moorcock related products, you are basically thieving from him and his readers who buy such stuff on good faith. You should be aware by now that you are in a fradulent contract with Chaosium and your products are boycott bait. Please cease the circulation of your product. Prove this to the community and yourself: have Charlie Krank show you a contract that says he owns the rights to the stuff.

Put another way, you are fencing stolen goods. Mr. Moorcock has spoken of the robbery by Chaosium, at length, in this forum. So you accept Charlie Krank's word or Michel Moorcock's word. If you accept Charlie Krank's word, you knowingly participate in theft, and your company's reputation as a pirate outfit will be shared here and people may be encouraged to buy their gaming books elsewhere.

Comment

You tell 'em! :D
                          \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by DTRPG Customer Service
                            Finally, our contract is with Chaosium, if they no longer have the rights to distribute Mr. Moorcock's work, then I am sure it is simply an error that they were unaware of. If there is a misunderstanding, then I'm certain a simple call to those folks will resolve it. If they ask us to take it down, we will gladly oblige. We would NEVER want to do anything that even accidentally infringed on an author's work.
                            Such a call might be a good idea if you have not made one already. You might even consider directing one of those fine folk to this forum so that perhaps they could explain why Mr Moorcock has not been receiving compensation for the use of his works. In the past couple of years I have purchased material (not from your site) which has contained intellectual properties owned by Mr Moorcock, and was taken aback by the fact that none of my money went to him. Until this matter is rectified, I am encouraging my gaming friends (online and otherwise) to boycott Chaosium's material.

As a role player, I would love to be able to purchase further materials which utilize the works of Mr Moorcock. But not when such materials are distributed without due compensation.
                            Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

I have not, for many, many years had so much as a royalty statement from Chaosium. They have put out books bearing the names of my characters and have not even had the courtesy to send copies of these.
                              Some years ago they bought the rights to a card game which another firm was about to put out. They never put out the card game and it appears they had deliberately confused the card game and the RPG games, using this as an excuse not to pay me. Any attempts by my agent to get them to issue royalty statements and pay royalties have been met with obfuscation or silence. Only because of my own temperamental reluctance to involve lawyers (as I have recently done, for instance, with Toy Vault, getting a result satisfactory to me and establishing my rights to the material, trademarks and copyrights involved) has Krank been able to stay in business with my work. I don't intend to let this situation remain as it is and ultimately will be going to law with ANYONE who uses my material without my authorisation and personal agreement.

Comment

Working...
                              X