Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Corum rpg ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corum rpg ?

Hello,

does anyone know where the supplement "Corum" for Stormbringer can be found ?
    I have been searching it for a long long time.

Thanks

Try Chaosium direct. They still list it on their online store.

Otherwise you have to hunt around or check eBay.

Do not, by any means, I repeat, do not, order from Wizard's
    Attic. He has helped put a number of small companies out
    of business by taking the money and not delivering the goods
    or the publisher's share. And, he still takes orders for stock
    he has been legally told to no longer sell (specifically Corum).

Ian
    Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
    go to hell so that they will look forward to
    making the trip.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your advises !!!!

Comment

Anyone plays it? What are your feelings about it?
        Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Originally posted by Mespheber
          Anyone plays it? What are your feelings about it?
          As with pretty much all of the RPG offerings, there's good and bad. Overall,
          the text/rules are quite well done. There's some extrapolation to fill in voids
          from Mike's writings, and again, some of it is well done, some is blah.
          The rules are based on Stormbringer/Elric!, so either you love 'em or hate 'em.
          I find them to be quite up to the job presented. The art is also hit and miss,
          Eloise Hurst's pencils are very good, some of the rest is :( The map is off,
          since they didn't realize that Corum's world is based on Cornwall.

Overall, I recommend it if you like the Stormbringer system, or want some
          good details for gaming in Corum's world (at least from the first trilogy).

A pretty decent review is found here:

http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_5584.html

Ian
          Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
          go to hell so that they will look forward to
          making the trip.

Comment

Thanks for the infos, even if I expected some live experiences reports.

May you know where I could find some antic map of Cornwall? I didn't know that detail, may read again Corum soon and would enjoy to compare names of places with it. Also, to play it, it could be a great asset...

Comment

Map of Cornwall:

Obviously I don't think Corum's world has airports.

Doesn't it look like a witch's head to you?

This one has more placenames:
              [broken link]

You might also try Cornwall Maps on Google.
              Last edited by Rothgo; 05-25-2010, 12:29 AM.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Cool, but I wrote "antic"map of Cornwall. However, you can imagine a multiverse campaign of Corum in our days, with airports and fast-food. I wonder how the players would react in front of a car.

Head of a witch? Sounds like a Rorschach test effect to me.

Comment

Cool, but I wrote "antic"map of Cornwall. However, you can imagine a multiverse campaign of Corum in our days, with airports and fast-food. I wonder how the players would react in front of a car.
                  'Antic' = 'ancient'? Or 'antic' = 'madcap'? Remember Mike probably used a modern map when he wrote the Corum books (or so I assume).

Head of a witch? Sounds like a Rorschach test effect to me.
                  Well, indeed. Certainly on the right-hand side I see the shape of a beaked nose and an open mouth. The rest follows from there. The 'extended' part of Cornwall forms the flowing hair. Mind you, I'm not sure the boundary is quite official - see the smaller map for a different division.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The bit that suprised me about Corum (I just bought it a month ago at the local game shop) was how much more powerful the Vadhaugh were from the Melniboneans in Elric. I mean... WAY more powerful. Been so long since I've read the books, I can't remember if they are supposed to be that overpowered. But wow you do not want to play a human when you could play Vadhaugh.
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

What exactly is this Corum RPG? Is it a computer game? Online? Just wondering...
                      If you find a man there, he shall die a flea's death.
                      Merry Wives of Windsor.

'You are drunk.'
                      'Yes, dear, but you are ugly, and in the moring I shall be sober.'

Comment

The Corum RPG by Darcsyde Productions (2001) was based on the (defunct) Stormbringer rules by Chaosium.

http://www.darcsyde.org/Corum/index.html
                        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I have the Corum RPG from Darcsyde and it is a lovely book. Worth picking up for the collectible nature for us gamers.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Corum RPG book as well, but mostly as a sourcebook. I've never actually played Corum as a campaign of his own.
                            Marv (Finarvyn)
                            Eternal Champion fan since the 1970's
                            Discovered D&D in 1975

Comment

Corum is a nice book.
                              The Five planes Magic system is bad news for players though.
                              A bit tricky to use, and they start to be consumed by Chaos.
                              I prefered the Elric magic system, but then magic shouldn't be too predictable !

I always wondered what the differences between the Vadhagh, Eldren and Melniboneans really were.

In one story it is hinted that the ageless Captain and Steersman of the Dark Ship may be related or even ancestors to the Melniboneans.

I think the Vadhagh have the advantage in Skills but perhaps lose out in terms of sorcery and combat strength to the RPG Melniboneans.

(Any excuse to get the Books out!)
                              Last edited by Tammywilding; 07-16-2010, 03:12 AM. Reason: To add flavour
                              Humbling and possibly relaxing too
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2sUbHD6qg

Comment

Working...
                              X