Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Multiverse RPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gabby2600
    replied
    I think the thing with Pendragon for me is tye way the system worked well with the setting, that one part that would be sadly missed if any company took it out.

One thing I have learned about eicened properties, is that if yous tick to what is writen you will end up with a rather dull 1 dimentional game ( this is in most cases, see aliens, Dracula, MiB). The way I ahve approached thw Wraethtu game was to set it befoer the first 3 books, and to wrk closely wiht Storm Constantine, to expand and produce a working world. My philosphy is Storm has only scratched say 5% of her world in the books, now we have to fill in the other 95%. With Storm editing and reading everything we do to approve it this then becomes cannon. It would be nice to get a Mike seal of approval on some aspects of what is done. However the only way to do this is Mike would own copyright to everything, as we do with Storm. The only part of th game I own is the system. everything else belongs to Storm. This stops any disputes or rights wrangles.

Leave a comment:

• ColwinLyber
    replied
    Hello !
    Don't know if White Wolf could do something good with Pendragon, and nevermind ! I have come to a point where I don't need sourcebooks to create scenarii and background !
    The Multiverse RPG is a good idea but I think it's better to build it piece after piece, it's such a great work ! I'm writing (for my pleasure and personal use !) a RPG called "Melnibonأ© : Age Of The Ancient Kingdoms" set 3000 years before in the world known today as the Young Kingdoms !
    Could we create a thread to share scenarii and background about Multiverse ? Thus we could have lot of stuff, which is sometimes better, more original, than most of the published work !
    All Best
    Colwin Lyber, Ever Wandering Scribe

Leave a comment:

• Grey Mouser
    replied
    I have confidence that WW will do well with the Pendragon license, unless things have changed drastically in the last five years. They produced a superb edition (3rd) of Ars Magica when they bought the rights to that game. Hopefully they won't tinker with the rules too much for Pendragon when they plan to re-distribute it, on the 'if it 'aint broke don't fix it' principle. I hope Pendragon is due for a resurgence in popularity with WW at the helm as it deserves a higher profile in the RPG community.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    Originally posted by gabby2600
    the thing to watch out for is Choasium have started seloing stuff to White Wolf, the first they have sold is Pendragon. The thought of this makes me retch, as I loved the original Pengragon game and i would hat it to go to their system or D20.
    Chaosium sold off Pendragon to Green Knight many years ago. Green
    Knight let it slide to White Wolf.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• gabby2600
    replied
    Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
    Michael has friends at White Wolf. :)
    Are they stilll there as from the rumours I have heard they have downsized the company, to about 20-30 staff.

I don't think the Storyteller system or the D20 system adapt very well to multidimentional traveling. Actualy the best game for that has to be BTRC's 'Timelords,' yet this had it problems. Plus I'm not overly enamourd by the syle and layout of White Wolf books. Of late they seem to be all about cuting costs rather than produceing a really good book. But then I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I have seen very litle in the RPG industy that can be called design.

However many of the ideas we have are to base a game in the mutiverse, rather than follow one character or world. So the players have the option of going where they want or creating their own worlds. I have never played any of the previous Eternal Champion games, I think thats because non of them have really inspired me to pick them up.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Michael has friends at White Wolf. :)

Leave a comment:

• gabby2600
    replied
    the thing to watch out for is Choasium have started seloing stuff to White Wolf, the first they have sold is Pendragon. The thought of this makes me retch, as I loved the original Pengragon game and i would hat it to go to their system or D20.

I really hope they don't sell the rights to the eternal champion stuff, as I fear Mike wouldhave no say over what happens from then on.

As I'm writing the Wraeththu RPG with Storm Constantine, I would also love to do and Offical multiverse game, however lack of money to get any kind of rights is the problem. I would use the same tactic as i did with the Wraeththu RPG, I would send all text to the original author to approve and make cannon, before they even went near a printer. As I feel the only way to do a multiverse game right is to get Mike involved at every stage.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    I was referring to the losers who support the theivery of Chaosium, not the RPG player who has some respect for Michael and doesn't engage in attacks of this bbs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: EC gaming

Chaosium are also very happy with fan material being published on the 'net.

Berry might host it here or ask others with similar websites.[/quote]

Berry's comments about roleplayers being 'pathetic' shows his lack of empathy with people whose only fault is a harmless hobby.I sincerely doubt that Berry would post anything relating to Chaosium's rules on this site, even though most of us support Michael Moorcock in his right to be recognised by Chaosium and given more respect.How about some respect from Mr Sizemore for us roleplaying Moorcock fans or is he too narrow minded for that?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    EC gaming

Chaosium currently have the rights to all Eternal Champion paper based games. That may change if someone (or MM) buys them out.

BUT

It doesn't stop you writing up the Eternal Champion you fancy, using their systems.

If you want to write adventures or simple guides as how to play EC games then go to it!

Chaosium are also very happy with fan material being published on the 'net.

Berry might host it here or ask others with similar websites.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Multiverse RPG?

Multiverse RPG?

Does Chaosium own all the rights to Moocock's fictional Eternal Champion characters?

I believe that a great game could be wrested from the concepets of the Eternal Champion as opposed to Elric himself.

There are many things that could be covered.

Eternal Companions?
    Swords?
    Chaos vs Law
    The Million Spheres

How to take characters into different genres and elements. What rules changes might be necessary to insure their survival.

Rouge Mistress did a good job of popping the character's all over time and space and shows that multiple spheres can interact, which matches what Michael Moocock himself has written.

I think there is a lot of potenital for such an RPG and waiting for Chaosium to get off its ass and do anything with it, well... still waiting for Pulp Cthulhu and all that right?
Working...
X