Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Semi Final 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Final 1

The Cornelius Quartet
    The Final Programme; The English Assassin; A Cure for Cancer; The Condition of Musak

Stormbringer
    The Sleeping Sorceress; The Revenge of the Rose; The Stealer of Souls; Kings in Darkness; Caravan of Forgotten Dreams; Stormbringer
    The Cornelius Quartet
    61.11%
    Stormbringer
    38.89%

The poll is expired.

I like all of these stories but the Quartet as a single volume is just too formidable.

Comment

All season I've been voting for Stormbringer on the basis of Stormbringer but Jerry has his own version in the form of A Cure for Cancer and that - combined with masterpiece that is The English Assassin - means that the Quartet gets my vote in this round.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Its a shoe in for Jerry and those pesky time centre kids.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Got to go for JC. Stormbringer is a great novel, but I'm not sold on the collection.
          forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
          2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
          3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Jerry again. I've not voted for Elric in any of the rounds and there is nothing to change that here.
            Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

JC for me, especially if its the US Avon paperback...
              'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

While the Quartet are more "literary" books, I enjoyed Stormbringer more (particularly RofT) so, with the votes as they currently stand, this semi might actually turn into a match...!

Comment

Working...
                X