Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

SF Match 2a: The Dancers at the End of Time vs The Warlord of the Air 24 HOUR POLL

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Match 2a: The Dancers at the End of Time vs The Warlord of the Air 24 HOUR POLL

vs
    The Dancers at the End of Time vs The Warlord of the Air

This is a re-match contest since the last match resulted in a tie (11 votes apiece). I will refrain from casting a vote myself unless at the end of the Sudden Death period (24 hours) the result is still a tie, in which I will cast a deciding vote for my choice.
    The Dancers at the End of Time
    65.63%
    The Warlord of the Air
    34.38%

The poll is expired.

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

The Dancers can count on my support again if the book moves on to the finals. This time however I've decided to assist a fellow gentleman, Capt. Bastable.
    Google ergo sum

Comment

And I - being merely a creation of Micheal's limitless imagination - shan't vote at all!
      Come in, you're most welcome, but leave Envy at my castle's gates ... for it is a poison we are unable to cure, and you'd be its first sad victim yourself.

Comment

Sticking with the Dancers. Better start thinking about who to vote for in the final. It's going to be difficult, either way.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

As the first time of voting in this tie was such a close thing for me i've decided to change my vote!
          Come on Ossie!!
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Why War Lord of the Air

War Lord came out at a cross roads in my life. Whaen I moved to Colorado in 69 Hendrix had just died and One Plus One was a quote by Ornette Coleman that Jagger had picked up.
            Suddenly years later I find a copy of War Lord and realized that all rules had changed slightly. No one remembered Humble Harold from Huddersfield or what was Flat Time, Israel had deployed the Ark and Ronnie Reagan was no longer the chief shill for GE. One had to learn to work the new times or die of an anomaly. That's why Warlord.

Comment

Dancers at the End of Time.

I liked the characters more.

Comment

I cast a vote for Warlord of the Air!

Comment

Warlord of the Air

Captain Bastable is the chap for me.

Comment

Dancers.

Comment

Always and Forever (for Seven Days, at Least)

Dancers.

Comment

All I know

I must choose "Dancers" for it is the only one I know. I am looking for the latter to cure my curiosity tho.

Comment

Dancers v Warlord

Both great epics. I've voted for the dancers, while still having a soft spot for the nomad of the time streams. It's all marvelous stuff, hard to chose. Thanks Mike for all those great yarns. H.P

Comment

I went for the Dancers.

But I'll have to re-read Warlord Of The Air soon. It must be 25 years since the last time I read it and I've been surprised to see it doing so well as I don't remember it being anything special - I thoroughly enjoyed it, just didn't re-read it as often as some things. At that point (ie. after reading the Eternal Champions & JC) the books that really got me were Gloriana, Byzantium Endures and The End Of All Songs. So maybe I missed something...

Comment

I agree with Robin. While I loved the paperback cover shown above I don't remember being particularly impressed by 'Warlord' and am really surprised to see it gathering so much support. It must be about forty years since I last read the book, but my abiding memory is of a mildly pleasing confection filled with airy nothing.

Dancers all the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X