Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 3: The War Hound and the World's Pain vs The Dragon in the Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 3: The War Hound and the World's Pain vs The Dragon in the Sword

vs
    The War Hound and the World's Pain vs The Dragon in the Sword
    The War Hound and the World's Pain
    71.43%
    The Dragon in the Sword
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I think the Dragon has such a satisfying ending.

Interesting to see Von Bek vs. Von Bek in this one.
    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

I really should re-read Dragon some time but, for the time being, War Hound is still one of my favourite of Mike's fantasy novels.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

I was incredibly impressed when I first War Hound and I just don't remember that about Dragon.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Seeing as Dragon kind of washed over me and Warhound did the opposite its an easy choice for me this tie.
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

'War Hound' is the one I hand to MM noobs who read a lot, one of the best fantasies IMO

Comment

War Hound for me. First time, I came across the idea of Lucifer wanting to be reconciled with his Lord.
              Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

I've been voting for War Hound over and over again all these years
                so I felt it was time for something different

Besides, I like The Dragon a lot, too.
                Google ergo sum

Comment

the war hound is brilliant so gets my vote as was the first von bek I read
                  come to the dark side we have cookies

Comment

Working...
                  X