Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 19: The White Wolf's Son vs The Adventures of Una Persson & Catherine Cornelius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 19: The White Wolf's Son vs The Adventures of Una Persson & Catherine Cornelius

vs
    The White Wolf's Son vs The Adventures of Una Persson and Catherine Cornelius in the Twentieth Century
    The White Wolf's Son
    43.24%
    The Adventures of Una Persson and Catherine Cornelius in the Twentieth Century
    56.76%

The poll is expired.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Another tough one.

Comment

Easy peasy lemon squeezy for me.
      I found WWS a bit of a slog whereas i think i've read 'Adventures' four times now and will probably be reading again sometime this year!
      One of my favourite JC related books.
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Una is the real hero!

Comment

agreed TF and Rothgo.
          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

This match is like being asked whether you want to watch women's beach volleyball or something...that isn't women's beach volleyball.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

"Adventures", hands-down. :)
              "So you remain an optimist."
              "I have seen far too much, been involved in far too many failures, to be anything else."
              --Major Nye and Una Persson, The Adventures of Una Persson and Catherine Cornelius in the Twentieth Century

Comment

Got to be Una & Catherine. Rothgo said it all.

Comment

Had to go with Una and Catherine.
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Wow that's a tough line up.

WW Son, but barely. It's a close call, both really good books.
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

I know everyone loves Una (including me); but I just have to go with WWS. The way it creates a full circle for the EC just makes the whole cycle all the better. Besides, the mashing of characters in WWS is beautifully done.
                      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

I did the first round Saturday and chose Catherine and Una. I think this book makes JC, in general, a lot easier to access. I feel the same way about Terraphiles. It makes Blood and the rest more accessible...at least for me.
                        Kevin McCabe
                        The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Working...
                        X