Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 30: Behold the Man vs The War Amongst the Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 30: Behold the Man vs The War Amongst the Angels

vs
    Behold the Man vs The War Amongst the Angels
    Behold the Man
    55.88%
    The War Amongst the Angels
    44.12%

The poll is expired.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Chose 'war': mad and brilliant over just brilliant.

Comment

War amongst the Angels for me as it brings to a head nicely the Second Ether series.
      Loving that cover for BTM though CB,dont think i've seen that one!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Treating BTM in novel-form here - War holds up better over the duration. Best of the 2nd Ether.

Comment

Angels over messiahs I'm afraid.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

As good as BTM is, the bit in TWAtA where they see the fallen is absolutely fantastic, still very vivid.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

No question on this one for me. War is amazing!
              "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
              --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Dead heat.

Comment

Do what thou wilt, but there's no way I'm voting against a novel wherein el Campeَn Eterno schtups la Madre de Dios!

Comment

Working...
                  X