Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 70 Mother London vs The Warlord of the Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ML. I like Bastable, but ML is just an amazing tome.
    Kevin McCabe
    The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Again, no contest in terms of literary ambition, depth, characterisation, and many other aspects, so it's gotta be ML.

I've missed this for a couple of weeks - what happened to Gloriana this year?! Just shows how things change, chaos is constant...
      \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Glory came up against Warlord of the Air and lost a close-fought match in Round 2, zakt. Came as a bit of a surprise after last year!
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by johneffay View Post
          No contest.

Are you listening J-Sun? I said no contest!
          I think I agree....
          This sucks, as these are my two favorite MM books. It`s like having to vote which of your kids you love the most.

ML is the superior book. It`s a more sophisticated style, and it deserves to win.

That said, I voted for Warlord. While I think ML could and should win any and every year it runs, I think Bastable will get far fewer chances at the title, so I`d love to see him get it just once. So yeah, despite the fact that ML should win, I want to see Warlord win.
          "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
          --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
            That said, I voted for Warlord.

Comment

The resilience of Bastible is remarkable! I thought this would be a push-over, but apparently not.

Bastible has picked up a lot more votes in the last 48hrs: with only a day left to go, can ML hold out?

Comment

Working...
              X