Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 70 Mother London vs The Warlord of the Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 70 Mother London vs The Warlord of the Air

Match 70 Mother London vs The Warlord of the Air

Mother London
    54.76%
    The Warlord of the Air
    45.24%

The poll is expired.

Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Mother London Reign Down
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Comment

Bastable's not going down without a fight. (At least I hope not.)
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hmmm, difficult.... when's this closing?
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Should be written at the top LE: 21st Feb it seems.

Comment

Mammy!

Comment

'Warlord of the Air' is great, but it's got to be 'Mother London'.

Comment

Finally an easy one. Sorry Oswald, this ain't no contest.

Comment

Difficult one for me.
                  Warlord was one of my first books of Mikes and one i read and loved again only last week.
                  And ML is sheer class!

Captain B it is.
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

No contest.

Are you listening J-Sun? I said no contest!

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
                      Should be written at the top LE: 21st Feb it seems.
                      I was joking in allusion to that earlier error of mine that I'd thought I'd come too late for round three, but had in fact voted ...
                      Thanks all the same for the pointer, Rothgo.
                      Google ergo sum

Comment

AAARRRRRRRRR

The hooligans have all gone barmy over this lopsided contest folks. Watch for flying chairs!

Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

I've gone with ML which I think is probably the better book, but it has been 20-25 years since I read any of the Nomad of Time stuff, so I could be wrong...
                          forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
                          2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
                          3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Mother London for me, even though I'm a big Bastable fan.

If I can find a second hand copy to take away with me on hols without recourse to Ebay, will be interested to re-read again.
                            Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

I had to go with ML, as much as I loved Warlord when I first read it.
                              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                              X