Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 69 Elric of Melnibone vs The Condition of Muzak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a draw in the semis!

Comment

Hmmm. How does one solve this? Wouldn't be fair to re-run it with more voters (imagine, if you will, the devious McCabe unit getting relatives out to six degrees of separation sign up as members to vote for his favorite emperor ). Three way final?
      Kevin McCabe
      The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Can't change the rules half way through the comp, otherwise you'll be charged with match fixing... :)
        forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
        2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
        3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Alternative - go back to last and highest positional wins?
          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

I assume we just hold another 24-hour tiebreaker?

Previous results for comparison:
            EoM
            R1 - 33 votes
            R2 - 36
            R3 - 29
            QF - 29

ML
            R1 - 22 votes
            R2 - 28
            R3 - 24
            QF - 21
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Groakes will sort us out come the new week.
              A respite till then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
                Hmmm. How does one solve this? Wouldn't be fair to re-run it with more voters (imagine, if you will, the devious McCabe unit getting relatives out to six degrees of separation sign up as members to vote for his favorite emperor ). Three way final?

Shorely shome mishtake Mr Goldfinger!!
                (i can see an aquatic block vote coming into play for Uncle Jeremiah!!)
                May the best loony win!!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

A tiebreaker is on - but I don't vote. Whether that changes the outcome or not - who knows? In the event of another tie, I WILL vote - so it will be all my fault!
                  Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                  Bakunin

Comment

Originally posted by Groakes View Post
                    In the event of another tie, I WILL vote
                    At which point you will be inundated with offers of signed photos of Nick Cave and rare John Foxx bootlegs...

Comment

Originally posted by johneffay View Post
                      Originally posted by Groakes View Post
                      In the event of another tie, I WILL vote
                      At which point you will be inundated with offers of signed photos of Nick Cave and rare John Foxx bootlegs...
                      Now that's what I call a bribe....
                      Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                      Bakunin

Comment

Working...
                      X