Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 32 - The Revenge of the Rose vs An Alien Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 32 - The Revenge of the Rose vs An Alien Heat

The Revenge of the Rose
    48.24%
    An Alien Heat
    51.76%

The poll is expired.

Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Love Rose, but Alien Heat is probably in my top 5 (and Dancers is my fave MM series).

Comment

Yaaa.
      The Dancers take it.

Comment

Alien Heat for me.
        Will always be remembered fondly and i always look forward to re-reading it.
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

When I returned to reading Mike's work after reading nothing but crime fiction for a decade or so, one of the first books I picked up was Revenge of the Rose and I was amazed by the way that it was still an Elric book and yet seemed to be much deeper and more ambitious than the Elric books I'd read as a kid.

Comment

Dance with me....
            Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
            Bakunin

Comment

Got to be the Dancers.

Comment

Another very difficult one. I much prefer the late Elric material to the earlier, so Rose it is.

Comment

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Comment

Has to be An Alien Heat for me!
                    forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
                    2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
                    3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Groakes View Post
                      It is my first Match !
                      Papi

Comment

Dancers, most certainly.

Comment

Damn! Voted for the wrong one! Wanted to vote for Dancers. The best of the three in the trilogy, imo.
                          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

An enthusiastic vote for The Rose: I used to think that Stormbringer was my favorite of the Elric series, but I believe I've changed my mind. Over Christmas, I read sections of The Rose aloud to my wife while she worked on a wood sculpture, and both of us thought it sounds even better than it looks on the page.

The vote is no slight to Heat, by the way; this is a tough match.

Comment

A Rose by any other name would still get my vote!

Comment

Working...
                              X