Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 19 - The Russian Intelligence vs The Fortress of the Pearl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groakes
    badseed
    • Jan 2005

The Russian Intelligence
    25.00%
    The Fortress of the Pearl
    75.00%

The poll is expired.

Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin
  • thingfish
    sairfecht
    • Sep 2007

Its good old Mr Cornell for me.
    Never really got into Fortress of the Pearl.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Groakes
      badseed
      • Jan 2005

Seems, TF, that you and me are in a bit of minority...
      Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
      Bakunin

Comment

• thingfish
        sairfecht
        • Sep 2007

Something im sure we are both used to!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Governor of Rowe Island
          Orgone Accumulator
          • Aug 2004

Went for the Cornell. Been too long since I read FotP.
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

• zakt
            Eternal Companion
            • Apr 2004

Cornell too - only read FotP once, RI a few times (and its got an intro by Jack Trevor Story in my edition, and he was a genius)
            \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

• Rothgo
              Champion of the Unbalanced
              • Aug 2006

While RI is a lesser son of the mighty CA, it still wins my vote in the pair-off.

Comment

• David Mosley
                Eternal Administrator
                • Jul 2004

I'll abstain from this poll, since I don't remember too much about TRI (although I didn't much enjoy Printer's Devil on which it was based) and I don't remember the details of TFotP (even assuming I finished reading it when it was first published), so it seems unfair to vote at this time.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
                X