Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 9 - The Sailor on the Seas of Fate vs The Hollow Lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 9 - The Sailor on the Seas of Fate vs The Hollow Lands

Match 9 - The Sailor on the Seas of Fate vs The Hollow Lands
    The Sailor on the Seas of Fate
    57.14%
    The Hollow Lands
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Making us choose between those two ain't fair.
    But it's Elric.
    f*#*k

Comment

Hollow Lands for me,one of the many reasons being the introduction of Nurse!
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Elric for me - if only because it was the first Elric, and the first of Mike's fantasies, that I read.
        Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
        Bakunin

Comment

I love the Dancers, but have gone with Elric on this occasion.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Difficult, difficult, difficult. Sailor... I think, as good as the Dancers are, I like the other glimpses of the Multiverse in the Elric book.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Dancers for me: Sailors wasn't my fav Elric, though a lot better than some of the 'mid-Elrics' that were to follow.

Comment

"Come oooooon you Dancers!!!!"

Sailors are all poofs anyway...did you spill my pint?

Des
                Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Jherek Carnelian's adventures at the Café Royal edge it over Elric's adventures on the Dark Ship.
                  _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                  _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                  _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                  _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Favorite Elric book yet!
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

man as good as sailor is anyone who votes for it is crazy. jherek would wreck elric in a fight.

Comment

Absolutely aeymxq!
                        He would turn that puny wee blade into a pipe cleaner with one hand behind his back!!
                        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Only if his power rings were functioning though (and iirc they don't work outside the End of Time itself do they?).
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

True,but if Jherek did find himself in that situation he would just get Amelia to slap him about for him!

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Well good luck with that, is all I can say.

Comment

Working...
                              X