Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 42 Penalty Shootout - Elric of Melnibone vs The Black Corridor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 42 Penalty Shootout - Elric of Melnibone vs The Black Corridor

This poll will be open for 24 hour. I will not vote. In the event of another tie, I will take the final shot!
    Elric of Melnibone
    63.64%
    The Black Corridor
    36.36%

The poll is expired.

Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

I still think TBC is slightly better, I'm afraid.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

TBC for me also.
      "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Will penalties just be a replay of the game I wonder? I mean, why change your vote?

Comment

I agree Rothgo.
          Maybe a sudden death overtime scenario would be more appropriate
          during which the poll stays open until the next and final, deciding vote is cast.

Comment

What if everyone only had one vote (penalty kick) for all penalty shoot-outs in the same round? Scout's honor should be enough to work it.

Comment

I think the plan is that Groakes isn't voting this time around. Since he voted in the first round, which resulted in a draw, even if everyone else votes as before the final result would be one less than first time. In the event that someone who didn't vote first time votes this time and forces another draw, Groakes will be able to cast his vote to decide the matter.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

What a gent! Top marks Groakes!

Comment

Couldn't make my mind up first time round, but I've given it some thought and gone with TBC. There's just so much to make you think in it.
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Besides, Elric of Melniboné could do with a "serious rewrite" according to the author.

Comment

I've gone with TBC again but see Elric of Melnibone is currently in the lead. Nooooo!
                      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

I like TBC but have only read it once where I have read Elric, well I've lost count how many times. Since Elric of Melnibone was the first Moorcock book I read and has greatly influenced me, I have to with it.
                        "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Working...
                        X