Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 32 - The King of the Swords vs The Mad God's Amulet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 32 - The King of the Swords vs The Mad God's Amulet

Last match of round 1!

what's its all about http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=11110
    The King of the Swords
    72.73%
    The Mad God's Amulet
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Groakes; 01-22-2009, 06:51 PM.
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Its 'King' for me Groakes.
    Corum is my favourite of Mikes sword and sorcery guys!!
    Hawk is ok but he cant hold his drink!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Had to give Hawkmoon one...

Comment

In Mad God's favour is the introduction of my favourite companion D'Averc (and Yisselda in her studded bondage outfit) but in King's favour is the meeting between Elric and Corum and later Erekosë so in terms of pure cosmic mind-blowing-ness I think it has to be King this round.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

King for me too, even though Hawkmoon is my fav champion. Usually. The Mad God's Amulet was just a little too pulp in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by opaloka View Post
            Had to give Hawkmoon one...
            Oooooeerrrrrrr missus!!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

The death of gods.....

King of the Swords was the first really cosmic work of Mike's I read so it's got go the King
              Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
              Bakunin

Comment

Had to be Corum again. Such a reversal for Chaos!
                You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                X