Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 31 - Masters of the Pit vs The Knight of the Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groakes
    badseed
    • Jan 2005

Match 31 - Masters of the Pit vs The Knight of the Swords

'nor here

what's its all about http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=11110
    Masters of the Pit
    14.29%
    The Knight of the Swords
    85.71%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Groakes; 01-22-2009, 06:50 PM.
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin
  • thingfish
    sairfecht
    • Sep 2007

Its 'Knight' for me but i've never read Masters of the pit!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• opaloka
      digital serf 41221z/74
      • Jun 2006

didnt miss much TF

Comment

• David Mosley
        Eternal Administrator
        • Jul 2004

Hmm, conclusion to a trilogy vs the start of a trilogy...

I actually think that Knight is the weakest of the Swords Trilogy and about on par with Masters so since I scored them both a 7/10 in my reviews on this site I'm going to go with Masters a) because as an ending it's more satisfying and b) I suspect everyone else will vote for Knight.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Rothgo
          Champion of the Unbalanced
          • Aug 2006

Knight of the Swords, 'cos it was the first time I met Arioch!
          And this cover: one of my favs.

Comment

• thingfish
            sairfecht
            • Sep 2007

Another thing a loved about Knight was Lord Shool-a proper baddie!!
            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

• Governor of Rowe Island
              Orgone Accumulator
              • Aug 2004

TKotS got my vote. One of the very first MM books I read (which explains my love of Corum) and how good to see Arioch get some.
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
              X