Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 25 - The Quest for Tanelorn vs The Sleeping Sorceress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 25 - The Quest for Tanelorn vs The Sleeping Sorceress

talkies....

what's its all about http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=11110
    The Quest for Tanelorn
    90.91%
    The Sleeping Sorceress
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Groakes; 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM.
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Its Quest for me easily!!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Yet another mindblowing experience - Quest for Tanelorn
      Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
      Bakunin

Comment

I hope these were the 2008 printings? If so, Quest.
        "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Quest had my fav 'ending' (even though it also had that cringworthy shouting-on-the-beach scene too: best forgotten).

Comment

Point of Order Mr Pollster: Isn't The Sleeping Sorceress the same book as The Vanishing Tower? I think you'll find it is, but you've already asked us to vote on that in this poll.

Well, I didn't vote for it then and I'm not going to vote for it now, so nyuk nyuk nyuk to you!
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

It's a fair cop! I didn't have a reference at the time and it has been a looooooong time since I read them. And if I had used LSD Dossier to get to the required 64 books - well what would be the point?
              Bakunin

Comment

What point indeed.

Well, I guess if there's one book that deserves a 'bye' into the Second Round you couldn't pick a more deserving one than Quest.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

A vote from me for the first recognised ending Mike wrote to the EC saga. (Yes I know about 'Stormbringer', but this is meant to tie all the ends up.)

Oh, and I already voted for TVT.
                  Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 01-26-2009, 11:06 AM.
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

True Gov,but i reckon it will face sterner opposition in the next round!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by thingfish View Post
                      True Gov,but i reckon it will face sterner opposition in the next round!
                      Yeah. And we thought this round was hard!
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
                      X