Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Match 17 - The Revenge of the Rose vs The Bull and the Spear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match 17 - The Revenge of the Rose vs The Bull and the Spear

talk talk talk

what's its all about http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=11110
    The Revenge of the Rose
    44.44%
    The Bull and the Spear
    55.56%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Groakes; 01-22-2009, 06:45 PM.
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

It has to be TBATS for me.
    I just raced through that one where as i thought ROTR was pretty hard work.
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

My fav Elric book vs. my fav Corum: the Rose wins it by a thorn.

Comment

I read Revenge of the Rose and enjoyed it. I've read The Bull and the Spear a bunch of times and loved it!

Probably means I need to read RotR again.....
        Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
        Bakunin

Comment

TBatS for me. I did enjoy TRotR but it's Corum isn't it?
          You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I bought TRotR in paperback and never read it. It's supposed to be pretty good though. Read TBatS last year and liked it a lot so I'll be voting for that this time. I reserve the right to change my mind over which is best when I get around to reading Rose though.
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
              I reserve the right to change my mind over which is best when I get around to reading Rose though.
              You're in for a fair treat there David!

Comment

Working...
              X