Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Round 1 Match 1 - The Chinese Agent vs The War Among the Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 1 Match 1 - The Chinese Agent vs The War Among the Angels

Please feel free to dicuss your selection

what's it all about
    http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=11110
    The Chinese Agent
    66.67%
    The War Among the Angels
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Groakes; 01-22-2009, 05:18 PM.
    Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
    Bakunin

Its old Jerry Cornell for me as i've only read the other one once and it kinda went over my head!
    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

The hardest choice so far. But as Mike doesn't do overt humour that often, TCA wins for rarity.

Comment

I simply - and to my astonishment and delight - enjoyed TCA so much when I read it a couple of years ago that although I haven't read TWATA it would be a nothing short of a crime if TCA didn't progress at least to the second round (and hopefully much further).
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Totally agree David although this match may be the proverbial 'game of two halves'
          "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Erm, vis-a-vie my first comment: I did the voting in reverse order. Otherwise "Hardest so far" would have been a rather pointless comment!
            I suspect John at least will plump for TWATA and I can't say I'd blame him - this really was the most difficult choise.

Comment

We're going to invoke the wrath of John here, but, while I'm a fan of TWATA (great acronym!), TCA made me laugh and that's rare enough with any book, so it tipped the balance for me.
              Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 01-26-2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: Sp.
              You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Confess to voting blind but based my vote for TCA on my memories of The Russian Intelligence

Comment

Way-Hay
                  At long last someone else who likes Russian Intelligence

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

The Chinese Agent (belatedly). Great fun.
                    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Working...
                    X