Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Most loathsome villain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most loathsome villain

Our friends Eternal Chiampions fight agaist many unpleasant charachters. Who do you find the most revolting (real characters like Hitler excepted)
    Gaynor the Damned
    23.73%
    Baron Meliadus
    15.25%
    Baron Captain Aliad
    0.00%
    Princess Sharadim
    6.78%
    Jagreen Lern
    11.86%
    Thaleb Kaarna
    11.86%
    Lord Gho Faazhi
    5.08%
    Yyrkon
    25.42%
    Don't believe everything you hear, but not disbelieve anything, either
    Calanthe Har Aralis har Varr har Uigenna

This is not the Tanelorn I was searching for
    Dorian Hawkmoon

I'm voting Yyrkoon, since he's the character I wanted smacked over the head with a runesword the most...

I was always quite pleased to see an appearance by Gaynor, one of my favourite villains...always interesting when he shows up!
    "I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." Anais Nin

Comment

I've voted Baron Meliadus, but only because Dick Cheney does not appear to be one of the options.

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
        I've voted Baron Meliadus, but only because Dick Cheney does not appear to be one of the options.
        I didn't know Dick Cheney was the name of a Moorcock's character. If it's not, I remind you that this is a Moorcock-specific poll like al those in this section.
        I've said Jagreen Lern, for he devastates an ENTIRE world.
        Don't believe everything you hear, but not disbelieve anything, either
        Calanthe Har Aralis har Varr har Uigenna

This is not the Tanelorn I was searching for
        Dorian Hawkmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian-Hawkmoon View Post
          I didn't know Dick Cheney was the name of a Moorcock's character. If it's not, I remind you that this is a Moorcock-specific poll like al those in this section.
          I was going with the, 'Most Loathsome Villain,' bit of the title. If Cheney doesn't turn up in a Jerry Cornelius story, somewhere, then he should. Far too loathsome a villain to waste.

Otherwise, apologies for inserting him, anywhere, out of context.

Comment

From those listed, I voted for Sharadim.

The reason for this is that, among all the mortal villains of Moorcock's you'd be hard pressed to find a more evil creature then her. She's totally evil, utterly selfish, depraved and heartless. even her "charme" and humor are just for show, mere tools to help her reach her foul goals.

Of all of Mike's villains, only King Huorn, Embryo-Lich of Granbretanien, came even close to reaching the inhuman depths of Evil princess Sharadim embraced so readily.

Compared to that, both Baron Meliadus' blind hatred for Hawkmoon and prince Gaynor's selfishness pales, and Theleb'Karna's jeleausity seems like a joke.

Comment

I voted for Gaynor,only because he has so much squandered potential and is a bit of a shirker !!
              "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I want to vote for Klosrterheim, no matter how often he is given the opertunity, he just will not get it.

Perhaps the Black Sword should be on the poll as well? sometimes is a tad on the unpleasant side

of the options that are there, I went with Sheridem, for the same reasons that others have given
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 09-07-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                  I want to vote for Klosrterheim, no matter how often he is given the opertunity, he just will not get it.
                  Ooh, yes, he is repellent...I'd vote from him too!
                  "I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." Anais Nin

Comment

Bearing in mind that this is a vote for the most loathsome and not just the most evil, creepy, pudgy, chocolate fingered, Bishop Beesley, must be well up the list.

Comment

Foul Gaynor, I hate thee!
                      You do little but anger me.
                      Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Comment

I'd say Horace/Horatio Quelch is pretty loathsome. Least he was in 'Black Blades Summoning'.
                        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I gave Thaleb a sympathy vote. Everyone should have an opportunity to be loathsome.

Comment

Ill go for Yyrkoon anyday. The rest are pretty vile but that guy just gets up my nose, definately a candidate for a soul wrenching atomic wedgie with sand in his Y fronts.

Comment

I vote for Lord Gho Fhaazi because, honestly, anyone who's willing for a little girl to die because he covets an object in her dreams? That's vile.

Comment

Working...
                              X