Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Favourite Moorcock 'Non-genre' Novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Science Fiction

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
    In my mind, the JC novels are beginning to 'transcend' genre even if that's how they started out.
    For me the Cornelius books are the essence of what I like about science fiction. If a sf book is realy good and has literary qualities people tend to not call it sf anymore. I think that hurts the science fiction genre. If only the bad stuff is called science fiction no wonder that genre is regarded so low.

I voted for The Adventures of Una Persson and Catherine Cornelius in the 20th Century. I love that very much. Jerry Cornelius cycling to the past. So funny.

Comment

Una and Catherine is of course wonderful, but The English Assassin is my favourite Jerry and me book.

Comment

The Entropy Tango is clearly science fiction to me. There's even power armour at one point. Actually I would consider half the stuff on this list sci-fi. The JC books involve time travel, futuristic weaponry and alternate universes.

Comment

Working...
        X