Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The unfeatured Eternal Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unfeatured Eternal Champion

Mike has mentioned various Incarnations of the Eternal Champion in his stories. From the Wikiverse list, here are all the ones which have only been mentioned, and have never featured, in a story by Mike.

So, the question is (and without suggesting in the slightest that it will ever happen) which one would you most like Mike to write a story about?
    Alivale
    0.00%
    Alric
    5.71%
    Artos
    5.71%
    Brian
    8.57%
    Corom Bannan Flurrun
    2.86%
    Dietrich
    8.57%
    Franik
    0.00%
    Ghardas Valabasian
    0.00%
    Goldberg
    8.57%
    Ilanth
    2.86%
    M'v Sebpt O'Riley
    5.71%
    The Man On The Yellow Horse
    31.43%
    Shaleen
    2.86%
    Traven
    2.86%
    Ulysses
    8.57%
    Umpata
    5.71%
    Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

I would vote in this if I could remember any of them.
    "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

I voted for Artos, I feel his story would be somewhat like a good REH Conan novella.
      The Man on the Yellow Horse was the mearest femtometer behind, that would also be an awsome story

Finaly, although I can't remember where they were mentioned, Goldberg instantly conjured up a fantastic image of a Jewish private eye working in new york, 2020, in kinda a 21st C detective noir.

Dammit, someone go write these stories so I can read 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        ...The Man on the Yellow Horse, ...that would also be an awsome story
        That one gets my vote. I like to think he is

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        ...Goldberg instantly conjured up a fantastic image of a Jewish private eye working in new york, 2020, in kinda a 21st C detective noir.

Dammit, someone go write these stories so I can read 'em!
        I agree.
        Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 03-14-2009, 05:37 PM.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I went for Goldberg as I used to shop in his/her department store when I was a kidling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
            I went for Goldberg as I used to shop in his/her department store when I was a kidling.
            Aha! Another one who'd fallen on hard times, like Pyat.

Comment

Ulysses for me. Sounds appropriate for Mike's stuff.
              I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to. Elvis Presley

Comment

I've gone for the part-Irish? incarnation O'Riley, although which culture has M'v as a name? My second would have been Ghardas Valabasian, Conqueror of the Distant Suns (presumably after Jerry Cornelius had been there!)
                Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy.

Comment

I've gone for Brian but its got to be the one from The Magic Roundabout!!
                  "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

The Man on the Yellow Horse, most tragic of the Eternal Champions. He jilted the sorceress Shayreen for the innocent princess Cynda, and in retribution Shayreen called forth the power of the lords of Chaos and transformed Cynda into the Yellow Horse. Now the Man rides Cynda through the multiverse as he hunts for a cure. Chaos, in its whim, granted Cynda the ability to run between realities and to be deadly in combat, and thus the Man on the Yellow Horse is the only incarnation of the Eternal Champion in which his Lover, his Companion, and his Weapon are all the same entity.
                    Cloudscape Comics
                    A society of independent comic creators in Vancouver
                    "Connecting the BC comics community since 2008"

Comment

Originally posted by Bevan View Post
                      The Man on the Yellow Horse, most tragic of the Eternal Champions. He jilted the sorceress Shayreen for the innocent princess Cynda, and in retribution Shayreen called forth the power of the lords of Chaos and transformed Cynda into the Yellow Horse. Now the Man rides Cynda through the multiverse as he hunts for a cure. Chaos, in its whim, granted Cynda the ability to run between realities and to be deadly in combat, and thus the Man on the Yellow Horse is the only incarnation of the Eternal Champion in which his Lover, his Companion, and his Weapon are all the same entity.
                      Holy Crap! Please tell me:

1/ You made this up
                      2/ That you will give us the full story

PLEASE! I might add.

Des
                      Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Originally posted by UncleDes View Post
                        Holy Crap! Please tell me:
                        1/ You made this up
                        2/ That you will give us the full story

PLEASE! I might add.

Des
                        Thank you for those words, you're very kind. Yeah, I did make it up on the spot. I suppose I could write something a little more detailed and put it up here, though I must admit that I'm very busy with other writing projects.
                        Cloudscape Comics
                        A society of independent comic creators in Vancouver
                        "Connecting the BC comics community since 2008"

Comment

For me it has to be Umpata!
                          forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
                          2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
                          3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

It was a no-brainer for me.
                            “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

Comment

Goldberg, for seditious reasons, naturally.
                              Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

Working...
                              X