Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Making the Sorcerer #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the Sorcerer #3

Does anyone know when the next comic in the series is due for release. DC doen't seem to have anything about it on it's website and I'm dieing to continue reading the story.
    Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Does anyone know when the next comic in the series is due for release. DC doen't seem to have anything about it on it's website and I'm dying to continue reading the story.
    Don't die! It's coming.

:oops:

Here's the short story. I've just begun working on Elric 4. And Elric 3 is virtually finished--I'm referring to the coloring here; I finished the inks a couple of weeks back. I think the color will be in DC's hands, complete, Monday or so. The indivdual issues are taking me about 5 months to complete which is a lot longer than I ever anticipated.

I don't have any information about the publishing schedule yet. There are a couple different ways DC could go at this point and I've no idea what they'll decide to do. But when I find out, I'll let folks here know.

In the meantime, I've gotten DC's permission to send Berry several pages of No. 3 to post on site here. I'll probably get to that later today; my wife and I have just returned from a trip to Ohio to visit my Dad, and I've got a couple of pots about to boil over if I don't tend to them as soon as I've posted this!

The pages are lo-rez scans of the color files. Because of that, there's no copy inside the word balloons and captions although they will be in place--empty. Copy gets stripped out when files are sent to Steve Oliff, the colorist. And anyway, I wouldn't want anything posted that would give away too much of the game!

One additional note: I just got copies of a French printing of the first two Elric issues in a single hardcover. Lovely. And I may even prefer the printing in the French edition. The paper is a little more matt than the American edition and the colors just slightly muted. The book's from Soleil so if you're a fanatic Moorcock collector who get every edition every done anywhere, fair warning!

Best/Walter

Comment

Thanks for the info! :D
      Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

Any release date yet? 8O

Comment

Wow. Was it really almost a year? Still worth the wait though.
            Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Just stay healthy, Walter! I know you're busy with Howie and other projects, but MoS is sweet indeed. I would rather wait than see a rushed work. And I'd really like to see an Eternals cover from you - even as a variant (if time, health, and JRjr permit.)

L'chaim!
              -M.
              Miqque
              ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Isn't Walter still exclusive to DC?
                Best/Mario

Comment

Originally posted by Mario
                  Isn't Walter still exclusive to DC?
                  Do I really care? I'm the type to go get Joey Q. and Dan D. drunk, and have 'em sign lots of things they'd later regret.

Never trust a writer! :D
                  Miqque
                  ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Working...
                  X