Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Comparing the Two Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing the Two Projects

Aside from the story itself, is there something fundamentally different in EMS? Or are you building on what was created, technically speaking, in MMM?
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Michael can answer about the bit about building on earlier work.

All I can say about EMS is that it's a lot more work than MMM!

For me anyway!!!

;-)

Best/Walter

PS: I'm back from Baltimore

Comment

Well, Walter, I think you excelled yourself in MMM -- and then went up another notch in ORION -- and another in ELRIC. You seem to get better with every project. What I like about you is that you ALWAYS come up to the same level of ambition as me. You have the same, if you like, restless wish to go on trying to beat your personal best. Also you see story-telling as the fundamental thing we're both in this business for.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I considered MMM to have brought together elements from the Second Ether trilogy, making it more complete. I finally got the first two EMS, and I am feeling the same thing with the Albino Trilogy, or rather Dreamthief's Daughter and Scrayling Tree. The visual element is beautiful, and creates a nice setting for the stories. I recall reading MMM and thinking that some of the characters didn't look how I pictured them. But I ended up falling in love with Pearl Peru, was quite impressed with the renditions of Rose and Gaynore.

EMS is just visual eye candy. Once again, Yrkoon doesn't look how I expected. Ok, I expected hair, but now I think the look suits him. Its also nice to actually see Sadric, and White Crow looks perfect. Also, the visuals of the chaos lords and elementals are excellent.

As for the story, they are short and sweet and action packed. I am really digging this!

EDIT: Sorry about the necropost, but it seemed more relevant to post here than to start a new thread.
        Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Working...
        X