Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

I can't thank both of you enough for trying out this experimental form of co-interview. Not only is it a chance to communicate with two industry greats but we get to do it in a very dynamic way. I am very excited for this new series. I enjoyed Michael Moorock's Multiverse on so many levels. I can't wait to discover the suprises you have in store this time.

So getting to it, whose idea was it to reunite?
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

I don't know that we saw the Elric project as a 'reuniting' so much as a continuation of a partnership we both enjoy. We had a great time working together on the Multiverse comic.

After the MMM series was completed, I wrote and drew a book called ORION for a couple of years. Michael and I talked off and on during that time and while I don't remember exactly how Elric came up, I think we were both delighted to have a chance to work together again so once the ORION series wrapped up, moving into Elric seemed pretty natural. I know Michael and I discussed the possibilities off and on and some of the things we talked about made it into the series and some things didn't. DC Comics was game to have us do another project together and it was, in retrospect at least, just about that simple.

Maybe Michael was putting editors and publishers into hammerlocks behind my back to persuade them to give us another book but apparently, I missed those particular negotiating sessions!

Best/Walter

Comment

Those compromising photographs of DC people secretly having meetings with Spiderman have come in pretty useful in recent years...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
      X