Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Reader Feedback

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reader Feedback

If you want to voice your opinion, send a shout out or comment in some way feel free to leave a message here.

Also, if you choose to participate in the poll, on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 is the best.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Well, sadly I've only read the first issue so far, but I'm very eager to see more. The artwork is gorgeous, and it makes me happy in that special way that only beautifully strong black lines ever can. Top marks are also awarded to the colouring which, as Mr M observed in another thread, reflects the theme of the issue, and makes every page as pretty as... er... a picture. Although I've now reached the end of Stormbringer I'm still grateful that the story has gone right back to the beginning of Elric's adventures, and I'll be fascinated to see how The Dreaming City "evolves". Of course the writing is top-notch, and I especially loved that poor "monster's" lament as he fell in to the lava. I can't remember exactly what was said, but I was impressed by how much sadness seemed to be evoked by that parting shot, as Elric callously dashed away to complete his quest. Overall I think the issue worked perfectly as a "stand alone" piece, although obviously I'm mad keen to see how the story (and the civilisation) grows in the remaining three issues. I'm also a fan of the cover "concept", and will enjoy reducing future covers to my own cartoon-y level.

So, to sum up, I liked it. :)
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Just snatched my copy of the First Issue, hot off one of the only comic shops in Mexico City who stock this kind of fare.

Really really enjoyed it. Congratulations.

I must say I was braced for some sort of graphic violence to be done to my long-cherished personal images of what Imrryr is supposed to look like. I don't often adopt someone else's picture for the images that my readings create in my head (I hate to say it, but this also refers to movies which try hard, but practically never surpass my created views of the imaginary). But this may be one very enjoyable exception.

When is the next issue due out?

Comment

When is the next issue due out?
        The second issue of Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer was published here in the U.S. back at the end of December. I haven't any idea what that means regarding comic shops in Mexico City but the book is out there somewhere.

Best/Walter

PS: I'm pleased that you found the visual imagery in issue 1 appropriate, even if it wasn't what you yourself had imagined. That can be tough, I know.

Comment

I'm loving it as well. My only negative comment would be that I wish the stories could be longer. I do understand the format, but dammit, these dreamquests are turning out to be quite importaint to the history of Elric and his part of the Multiverse.

Well, that and, no matter how close I look, I can find no hidden pictures of me in there...
          Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

At least French readers will be able to get it in French and in France. The whole sequence has been picked up by a French publisher.

Comment

Have only read the first issue so far, but it dovetails just great with the last two Elric novels (Dreamthief's Daughter/Skrayling Tree). The dragons were just tremendous, Uncle Walter!

I'm looking forward to the hardback edition of the collection. Will get the library to buy one (as well as me own copy, which you're both gonna personalize - right? :D )

PS- Mike, FYI- The sole copy of Skrayling Tree is rarely on the shelf here at Ye Olde Library - and it's getting rather dogeared.
              Miqque
              ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

I'm looking forward to reading more.

I've read the first and the second and I really enjoyed them. I really like getting to see more of the history of Melnibone and I think the art gives it a great epic feel. I would also like to note I really liked the tough with the elemental word baloons for Grome and Straasha.

The guy at the comic shop didn't know when the 3rd one's release date was though.. but I look foward to reading the next 2.

Comment

frankly i lean heavily towards the cover art of the original elric books; the mag just looks too human/alien/strange.
                  And so I hear the Echo of my Conscience. An Ambient Silence.

Comment

human/alien
                    How can something be both human and alien?

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to. Elvis Presley

Comment

Working...
                    X