Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

TexasMonthly: A Q&A With Michael Moorcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TexasMonthly: A Q&A With Michael Moorcock

I think this November 2002 interview recently came out from behind a paywall: A Q&A With Michael Moorcock

A favourite passage:
    I’m very quickly bored by fiction which resolves into genre. As far as Westerns are concerned for instance, I’ll enjoy The Virginian, say, but don’t like Louis L’Amour at all. I like Holmes, but have very little patience with, say, Christie. I like a genre in its very early stages or its late, usually humorous stages. I like writers such as McMurtry who rise above genre and make a story their own.

Thanks for this! I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed 'King of the City.' I think Mike's semi-autobiographical London stories are amongst my all time favourite tales.

Confession, my old Gran & GranPa were avid Louis L'Amour fans. Between them & John Ford, I got into the novels when I was younger. I quite enjoyed them, back in the day. In a roundabout way, they eventually led me to Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn & Jim Chee, Navajo tribal police detective thrillers. I really enjoyed reading them. ;>)

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
      Thanks for this! I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed 'King of the City.' I think Mike's semi-autobiographical London stories are amongst my all time favourite tales.

Confession, my old Gran & GranPa were avid Louis L'Amour fans. Between them & John Ford, I got into the novels when I was younger. I quite enjoyed them, back in the day. In a roundabout way, they eventually led me to Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn & Jim Chee, Navajo tribal police detective thrillers. I really enjoyed reading them. ;>)
      Thanks yourself! I'm rather fond of Mother London and appreciate the reminder (and recommendation) about King of the City.

I read Hillerman's Dance Hall of the Dead many years ago and enjoyed it enough to have picked up a few other Hillerman's for my mom.

Comment

Working...
      X