Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Interview: “Part of me expects to go on forever” — Michael Moorcock at 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview: “Part of me expects to go on forever” — Michael Moorcock at 80

It's dated April 1 (2020), but I haven't seen this oddly formatted interview cum Moorcock overview (and account of the writer's experience of Moorcock and his works) anywhere else on the Miscellany:

https://medium.com/@davidbarnett15/p...0-3b3bc1a36c5d

Here's what I thought was the most interesting passage:
    Oh, and he’s writing, too. “Lots!” he enthuses. “Just finished a Cornelius story, and am doing revisions on The Woods of Arcady, second novel of my Whitefriars trilogy, a short novel Stalking Balzac and the final part of the new Elric novel! Also, some comics in France. And music with Alan Davey [former Hawkwind bassist] in the US.”
    Last edited by Heresiologist; 07-22-2020, 10:42 PM.

One could only hope that Our Fearless Leader would possibly possess the lifespan of some other passed great writers - Ray Bradbury, for example. It would be a prize indeed to see that last trilogy completed. The Whispering Swarm i found to be both informative and intriguing and yet like an appetizer for the main course. Nothing is certain though and we can but hope for the all the best of good health / fortune and i for one wish it for our Site Host.
    Last edited by Kymba334; 07-23-2020, 05:42 AM.
    Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Working...
    X