Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Review: The Sword of the Dawn | bscreview.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: The Sword of the Dawn | bscreview.com

Books, Review | Professor Crazy | September 7, 2010 at 8:56 am

With a battle cry that’s the scream of a hawk followed by shouting, “”Hawkmoon! Hawkmoon,” Dorian Hawkmoon, the Duke of Koln and hero of Michael Moorcock’s History of the Runestaff, series–reprinted from the 1960’s–takes one back to yesteryear, though they’re still as great and entertaining to read today as they were when they first were published. Moorcock has been called “The greatest writer of post-Tolkien British fantasy,” and, who knows, that just might be true. I haven’t read all British works of fantasy since (let alone previous to) Tolkien’s epic, so I can’t honestly say if this statement is true or not. But, Moorcock’s vision, skill at writing complex and carefully plotted novels, and his dramatization of Dorian Hawkmoon’s metaphysical quest has to rank him very close to the top of the heap of post-Tolkien British fantasy authors.
    Read more...
    Last edited by David Mosley; 11-30-2010, 01:45 AM.

By the runestaff : cool !
    Papi

Comment

Good review! ..

Comment

The Sword of the Dawn was my very first Michael Moorcock book, way back when I was at school, I reread the Runestaff series a few months ago and it's still just as brilliant as when I was first introduced to the Multiverse. A real good review, Sir John !

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Working...
        X