Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hawkwind Symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkwind Symbol

I'm thinking of incorporating the Hawkwind double-headed hawk symbol into a bit of artwork I'm currently working on ... it would probably be the main feature. Now here's the question ... does anyone know if this is a copyrighted 'logo'? Or have the band been inspired by an earlier image?

I don't want to be pursued through the courts for infringement if I sell the work!

I have tried contacted Hawkwind through their website, but to no avail. Any suggestions? If perchance Mr Moorcock reads this, could you direct me?

C.

The doubleheaded birds are a well used symbol in heraldry arnt they. A double headed hawk is not so commen perhaps but cool and known. Perhaps in the event of it being copyrighted , you should modify it so its unique to you, and the only person being sued for copyright is those who copy your art!!!!!!!!!!!! After all heralddrys all over the multiverse. Whats the art project going to be? :twisted: Make sure it dosnt get in anyone elses face copyrightwise though, like the symbol from command and conquer for the heroes, or something. I dont suppose it matters if its not going to be published. Though i would love to get published and i havnt found a way yet, elfwoods registering form is so complex and ive tried twice, thwrice, dont know if ill bother again. Cant find any other sites who do fantasy art.

Comment

You're right about the heraldry; I knew I'd seen it before. Just did a search. Double-headed eagle is all over the place, visually not much difference. :) I have already done some sketches changing said symbol into my own baby. Let's just say it's going to be the base/ground painting for a shroom experiment.

C.

Comment

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!! :D
        \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Thanks Mike. :) I'll carry on then. If I finish it, I'll try hosting for posting!

C.

Comment

Damn!! Forgot to login ... ruined visual flow! 8O

C.

Comment

Whoops!

Comment

Working...
              X