Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Anyone interested in a Hawkwind Q&A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a Hawkwind Q&A?

In case anyone wishes to participate, I created a HAWKWIND Q&A!!!

I should mention that I have not been able to make contact with any of the band members yet, so I wondered if anyone here has a way of making contact with them to see if they are interested in conversing with fans in this kind of forum?

http://www.myphpbb.co.uk/phpbb/index.php?forum=Jademan

I've had the Live Chronicles CD set for years, but what is The Chronicle of the Black Sword listed under the film section here? [broken link]

Is this a play acted out to the music of Hawkwind on film? Or, concert footage including Mr. Moorcock and two other on-stage actors as Elric and Zarozinia? Thanks in advance. 8)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 03:03 PM.
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

The Chronicle of the Black Sword was the studio album and live chronicles the live album, both based on Mike's compete story of Elric. My personal favourite musically and lyrically was Huw's Moonglum but they are both good. I saw the concert in 1986, unfortunately I only made it Hammersmith, could'nt get to any of the other gigs. I believe Mike read some of the poems there.

Comment

two mistakes! I forgot to log on and I didnt notice you were asking about the video of the concert, which I have and very much enjoy.

Making lots of mistakes this morning, last night I won a beer drinking competition against an alcholic Russian. Strike one up for the Welsh boys!
        Was out of practise, where's the antidote? groan...

Comment

Hang in there buddy :!: Congrats on winning the contest!

I'll have to pick up the video somewhere...thanks
          \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Well my own copy is buried in storage in my Ma's house in S Wales, but I should have an electronic copy of the Moonglum video somewhere. If you are interested and you have a high speed internet connection it ought to be possible to take a look at it, let me know.

Comment

That's very generous of you. I'll have to take you up on that sometime. I'm not sure how it'd be done, so you'd have to walk me through it when you get a chance. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Although I haven't been sent one, I notice there's now a DVD of Chronicles of the Black Sword, which also has me (rather hard to see) on it, done I think at Hammersmith. It's the story played out through mime and songs. Tony made a great Elric on stage, I thought.
                If I find the relevant site, I'll post it here.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Thanks much for the explanation. Please do post more if/when you come across it.

By the way, what is the scoop with Asylum?
                  I'm interested in watching this, but I can't find it on VHS or DVD(region1) anywhere. I posted a thread about it in the Movie Forum, but got no leads. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again for all!

:o

Comment

Destruction Of The Death Generator

Hey, terrific site!
                    While we're on the topic of Hawkwind, I've read Michael Moorcock was to be part of their new album (if it ever gets released!) Destruction Of The Death Generator... is this the case or just rumour?
                    As a fan of both I'd love to hear another collaboration as I really enjoyed Chronicle...

Daniel
                    Australia

Comment

I've given up performing with Hawkwind or writing for the band. There was an unfortunate incident a couple of years ago, where I became involved in a dispute between two of the Hawkwinders. After that, I decided to back off. I wish them well, but really don't want to do any more work with the band. I thought the stage show of Black Sword was pretty good, by the way, and have no complaints about that. My other reservations have been published and I'm not prepared to repeat them.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Here's a couple of links to the DVD. Yes, you are definitely hard to see. :)

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/dvd/visdvd02_hawkwind.htm

http://www.starfarer.net/hwdvd.html
                        When they had advanced together to meet on common
                        ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                        and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                        each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                        mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                        killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
                        X