Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hawkwind release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkwind release

This came from Starfarer's site:

29/04/05: Official announcement of Album / Single release dates
    Mission Control has announced that the new single "Spirit Of The Age" will be released on 30/8/2005, with the new album "Take Me To Your Leader" to follow two weeks later on 12/9/2005. They've also confirmed a couple of club dates in Finland at the end of May 2005 and mentioned forthcoming UK dates in mid-December. See for yourself here - and they've confirmed the Dour Festival in Belgium for 15th July 2005 too...

Seems to be taking it's time coming, but everyone get ready to send them to the top of the charts!!!!!!!!!! :D
    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

How many singles do you have to sell for a Number One these days - about 5 isn't it? Preorders at Amazon will help. :)
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

How cool would it be to have a Hawkwind number one? Maybe then I'd be able to get more of my friends into Hawkwind. One of my friends is a drummer and he just cant believe Ginger Baker played with Hawkwind!

Comment

I remember an interview with Ginger Baker after he "left" Hawkwind alluding to the fact that the world's best drummer had been sacked by the world's worst bass player....
        Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
        Bakunin

Comment

Famously! But technical proficiency doesn't guarantee an ability to fit into a band - nor does it guarantee good music (Ginger Baker's Air Force anyone? :D )
          \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

No argument here! :lol:
            Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
            Bakunin

Comment

Yes... I have a DVD of an interview with Dave Brock where he talks about sacking Ginger Baker because he wanted to get Jack Bruce on bass!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkLord
                Yes... I have a DVD of an interview with Dave Brock where he talks about sacking Ginger Baker because he wanted to get Jack Bruce on bass!
                And never the twain shall meet (except for last night at the albert hall of course)

It has come to knives between Ginger and Jack Bruce before....:roll:

Before I even think about thinking about contemplating considering buying another version of Spirit of the age I want to know that the Calvert estate are going to be making money off it.

Brock and Co make too much off Bobs memory (and they are really toss live these days-what happened to Tim?)
                \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

Originally posted by HawkLord
                  Before I even think about thinking about contemplating considering buying another version of Spirit of the age I want to know that the Calvert estate are going to be making money off it.
                  You do sort of wonder "why bother?" It's like Hawkwind are becoming their own tribute band. There's also going to be stuff done using tapes of Bob reciting poetry on the album, so the royalties issue is spot on.
                  \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

MA-19 & Mikey_C wrote:
                    HawkLord wrote:

You do sort of wonder "why bother?" It's like Hawkwind are becoming their own tribute band. There's also going to be stuff done using tapes of Bob reciting poetry on the album, so the royalties issue is spot on.
                    Well, it would be nice, and I think royalties rights would have to apply (please do not respond, Kruffroodi). More to the point, as the charts are so blatantly riggable these days, it is a chance to return HW to the wider public notice (a la John Otway, oh maybe not, he disappeared again after Bunsen Burner!). I quite like giving Brock my hard-earned sovs anyway, he has done his bit over the years 8O

Comment

Yeah - and I think HW can still deliver the bacon on stage. I saw them at the Astoria Xmas show and it was ace - albeit a few boring bits. I do seriously think though that Nik's 'Space Ritual' could give them more than a run for their money...

Comment

Oh yeah, I heard a Space Ritual song they sound pretty good.

Comment

Doing a Bubbledubble support slot to Space Ritual at The Nexus Club Southampton, this Thursday, 5th May. You going Mikey C? Mr Smith is....
                          :D

Comment

Sure am - See you there!

We saw the Spacers in Bristol a couple of weeks back - they were brilliant. I'm looking forward to experiencing Bubbledubble too.

Comment

Just posted the Bubbledubble set from The Nexus up for free download or stream
                              http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/bubbledubblemusic.htm
                              Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X