Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Get Your Deep Fix Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your Deep Fix Here

I have posted The New World's Fair, Michael Moorcock's album with his band The Deep Fix. You'll find the files in the Downloads module.

Here's the relevant news article:

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Hey Berry, thanks a lot!!!

But I Have a question: "How come there's narration 1,3,4,5 and no narration 2?"

And please fix the broken link to Starcruiser...

Once again thanks a lot!!!
    \\

Comment

Dogem Dude naration = 2

link fixed
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Listening to "Dodgem Dude" right now. Sounds like WAY early Jethro Tull, sans flute.

Comment

Thanks for this Berry. First time I've heard Deep Fix and I'm impressed. It refreshes my world-weary spirit to listen to this music.

Comment

I'll have to check it out. Thx
            When they had advanced together to meet on common
            ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
            and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
            each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
            mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
            killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

He sings in a lot of different voices... Like 16 years old doom is totally differente from Come to the fair... and so on...
              \\

Comment

I didn't sing everything on New Worlds Fair. Songs by Steve Gilmore are sung by Steve. Songs by Graham Charnock are sung by Graham.
                So that's why my voice probably sounds very different. Mind you, I have a fair range -- and if you've ever heard some of the more obscure recordings, such as Bang, Bang, Bang or Another Quiet Day in Auschwitz, they're pretty different, as are some of the tries I did for Gloriana, where I sang all the voice in what were supposed to be character songs (i.e. Gloriana, Captain Quire and so on). A lot depends on the key, too. My 'natural' voice isn't usually as high as on most of the Deep Fix numbers. Simon House did most of those arrangments.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Oh really!!! :oops:

That explains a lot...

Who sings Come to the Fair?

I found the lyrics for the Moorcock's written songs...

http://www.novymir.com.au/terminalcafe/lyrcnwf.html
                  \\

Comment

Checking the lyrics for 16 Years Old Doom I noticed that you say "bad habits" when I always heard "by hobbits" (I really wondered why...why hobbits?)
                    \\

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                      -- and if you've ever heard some of the more obscure recordings, such as Bang, Bang, Bang or Another Quiet Day in Auschwitz
                      Any ideas where one can get these ? Anyone

Got a copy of New Worlds Fair recently great stuff.
                      MEEP !

Comment

How can you say Octopus let's it down? It's the best song on there (in my opinion, of course).

Comment

Just discovered the New World's Fair download on the site and am listening to the album for the first time now (does/did Mike *really* sound like that? Well, I never :)), but I've one question:

Where is Track 14 - Narration 3?

Looks like there should be 22 tracks in all, but only 21 are present.

(I know it's just 24 secs, but it's nice to hear everything if possible.)
                          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
                          X