Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

American wishes to buy gifts for Germans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American wishes to buy gifts for Germans

Hi all,

My In-Laws (Mother & Father) (Sister & Partner) live in Germany, and I wish to buy them something online so that it can be shipped locally. What's the hot gift this year? Where can I buy it? Anyone able to help?
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Age group?
    I often use the services of certain purveyors of Spiced Nürnberg Cakes, or Marzipan from Lübeck. But I send those things abroad to places where they are not so easily available or of inferior quality. Don't you have any Native American specialties from Washington State? Or what about a huge picture calendar of where you live? Moms appreciate "seeing" how their children, in this case your wife, are harboured, so to speak.

In rare cases I send Single Malts via an online dealer.
    In any case if there's anything I can help it, shout please.
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Mother and Father in-law are 60-65.

Sister and Sister in-law are 35-40.

Something from Washington has been done in the past. I want something local to them so delivery is certain. We can't send alcohol.

Cakes and marzipan sound divine. Are the cakes alcohol free? What are the web page addresses for these items?
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Try these:
        best Marzipan (unsure what payment they accept)
        "Dresden Stollen" Cakes (Creditcards accepted)
        Nürnberg Lebkuchen Spiced Cakes (VISA and Mastercard accepted)
        Google ergo sum

Comment

go for Lebkuchen
          go for Lebkuchen
          go for Lebkuchen
          go for Lebkuchen
          go for Lebkuchen

get some your self too.
          To accompany them with some good glühwein (mulled wine) Pompadour used to do a great tea-bag kind of thing with dried fruit and spices so you could heat just a single cup of wine (have to get that yourself) then put this tea-bag in for 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X