Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

HAWKESTRATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAWKESTRATION

Listen up folks! The only musicians capable of doing a suitable score for the forthcoming Elric film are HAWKWIND. Some of their music could be Hawkestrated (preferably by the London Philharmonic) and some new rock tracks to compliment scenes! Mike Moorcock is part of Hawkwind and I am sure he would want them to take this historic role! Anyway fingers crossed.
    Neil.

PS. Come on Berry - how about an update on the film and what is that clip on YOUTUBE? I think its great! But is it an official clip or just a demo and who is the actor doing Elric?
    Last edited by Neil; 12-15-2006, 03:05 AM.

It would be great to have the soundtrack pure Hawkwind. I think you'd find that the logistics of getting all the necessary permissions for the different tracks would be difficult, given the numbers of band members involved over the years. Don't forget that the present version of HW is somewhat different than the bands that played in the '70s and '80s. I saw them in Dec '04, and only Baron Brock was familiar to me (and Arthur Brown!), from earlier years.
    I thought that MM was never a part of 'Hawkwind', per se, but more of a Co-Artist or 'Friend of the Band'? My apologies if I'm off beam on this!
    He's well smoked

Comment

Mike was indeed a member of Hawkwind. Remember Warrior On The Edge Of Time? And as far as the rights to the songs goes...being a songwriter, I'm sure that Dave has the rights to most of his own material. Shit....he could write new material if the record co. wankers try to kybosh an Elric score.
      Hawkestrated by Dave Brock, Michael Moorcock and Simon House....YAAA!
      Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 12-15-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
        Mike was indeed a member of Hawkwind. Remember Warrior On The Edge Of Time? And as far as the rights to the songs goes...being a songwriter, I'm sure that Dave has the rights to most of his own material. Shit....he could write new material if the record co. wankers try to kybosh an Elric score.
        Hawkestrated by Dave Brock, Michael Moorcock and Simon House....YAAA!
        Trounced on two threads over this!

How does the saying go? 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em'?
        Ommmmmm. Ok, state of graceful acceptance achieved:
        Hawkestrated by the above? Wow! That would be mindblowing. For the true purist, surely, it's the only choice? D'you think they could write 'Needle Gun' in?
        He's well smoked

Comment

I f that was a clip from the movie, I wouldn't go see it :)

Comment

Working...
          X