Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The "Elric YouTube clip" mega-thread (Clue: It's NOT related to any proposed film)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Elric YouTube clip" mega-thread (Clue: It's NOT related to any proposed film)

I found this on youtube, searching for music videos people may have done using the songs that were inspired or created for the story. I'm just a little confused on if this is suppose to be apart of the movie itself or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ycjun-J9iY

I thought it was great....

Ok.

He looks more like Drizzt Do Urden.

The voice is , er interesting.

I hope sincerely that schlock has nothing to do with the movie.

It looks like a homage or clip from Conan or something.

Since when did Stormbringer turn into lightening eh?

And since when was it so thin?

Warped, the mind that made that.

Comment

^^; Once again I found it...

Comment

Hello and Elric fan trailer

Hello,

It's my first post here, i am really happy to join your communauty.

I am a very old fan to Elric Saga, like you.

I have found this video on YouTube. Anyone knows it ? It's not a great production but for a fan trailer, it's fun.

Elric is not like in my imagination (much strong, big voice) and Stormbringer is not black and not two-hand sword.

Sorry for my bad english but i am french.

See you soon.
        Last edited by Miragul; 12-17-2006, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Man, it's so bad - I can't even describe it. The acting looks like it's right out of that Eragon movie.

Comment

Looks more like a CGI from some video game then anything realistic.

Comment

A black sword that's not black...
              A rune sword without runes...

...and those accents!!

More vile than I had ever imagined... (maybe I should get out more...)
              Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
              Bakunin

Comment

That guy might get the role of Elric.

Comment

He might get the lead role in a Dianna Ross biopic as well - he bares about as much resemblance!
                  Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
                  Bakunin

Comment

Clip Review

Just had a look at this.... any idea of its provenance? Like everyone, I also thought the whole point of a Black Blade was that it was.... umm.... black, but Elric looked about right (not freakin' thighs like treetrunks), but actually he could have been a bit more fey (note :"fey", not "gay"). That was always the appeal of Elric for me: that his strength came not from his own body, but that it was "bought" for him at a terrible price. I always saw Elric as very thin guy, not Schwarts... Swartz...Schworzz... Arnie.

The lightning's gotta go, though!! Aaaaagghhh!!

UD
                    Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

I wasnt being nice about that guy being elric.

It would be a bad idea.

Comment

Always consider

Hey, Yoland: I'm with you on the actor, but when criticizing choices always "consider the alternatives" - could be a lot worse....

UD
                        Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

No black sword. No runes. And indeed, the voice is *cough* ... interesting to say the least.

It is very well done overall, but it does not feature the Elric nor the Stormbringer I imagine when reading the novels.
                          Last edited by Benoist; 12-25-2006, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Vin Diesel...as Elrik

Allright mates...Elrik could have any accent. He's a character out of fantasy after all.

Vin Diesel: Suave, urbane, a man-of-the-world type...decadent. Perfect elrik material.

Comment

As expressed countless times before, I can't see Vin as a weak, drug addicted albino Prince as Elric is until he draws Stormbringer.

Ken
                              Ken Boorman
                              Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Working...
                              X