Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Who should play Elric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should play Elric?

I vote for Ioan Gruffudd. What do you think?

Alan
    “The world would be happier if men had the same capacity to be silent that they have to speak”

Re:

What about this guy?

His Infernal Majesty's Ville?

Oo; I can picture him as Elric...

Comment

well he is a finnish singer...i dunno...he is too ... small and..i dunno i don' t like him, neither as a singer..
      oerhaps that's the reason

Comment

What's to stop him from working out a little? Oo; Plus that's only a picture of the guy. it's not a recent shot. x.x

Anyway. I thought of him because I picture Elric's voice to be a little soft, not at all deep. Plus Elric is described as having weak blood. We're not told that he as Rock muscles on him. Elric's voice is also described as melodic when he chants.

*shrugs* I like ville and think he'd be perfect for the role. I guess it's just me then.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolfrissychan
          What's to stop him from working out a little? Oo; Plus that's only a picture of the guy. it's not a recent shot. x.x

Anyway. I thought of him because I picture Elric's voice to be a little soft, not at all deep. Plus Elric is described as having weak blood. We're not told that he as Rock muscles on him. Elric's voice is also described as melodic when he chants.

*shrugs* I like ville and think he'd be perfect for the role. I guess it's just me then.

I think that Elrik should held the stormbringer... he can't be small! well neither enourms...well the write sise!

Sorry for my english!!!

Comment

Why not Jeremy Irons? I thought he did an excelent job as the Uber Morlock in H.G. Well's "The Time Machine."

Comment

In my opinion he looks too old from this picture...

Comment

Judson Scott

Remember Judson Scott from the Wrath of Khan?
                He looks like a Melnibonean!
                He's probably too old now, though.
                "It is a matter of perspective, Corum. We follow our whims..." -Arioch

Comment

I think these guys are too old to play elric. Paul Bettany from the Da Vinci code looks perfect. Pale, frail looking, but with a smoldering intensity. That scene where he whacks the nun with the book and kills her...and then he performs the last rites on her (from Da Vinci code) was intense. I can totally see him as Elric. You know, killing somebody with Stormbringer, but hating/loving it at the same time.

I sooooo hope that whoever is making this movie takes it seriously, like they did with Lord of the Rings.

Comment

Try to keep in mind that Elric's not strong on his own. He has the aid of sorcerous drugs and potions to give the strength. Plus I don't think he is suppose to appear rough and as though he should be in the mountains.

Before he gains stormbringer. So I don't think he would have been able to "bulk up" and get a six pack.

Comment

You Know Who I Think For Elric...

Marc Warren, charismatic, weirdly handsome british actor.
                      Attached Files
                      I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve immortality by not dying.
                      Visit my Gallery at
                      http://www.tonyhough.co.uk

Comment

Well, to me, the face has to match the Melnibonean archetype....elongated, high cheekbones, so forth.

The Marc Warren fellow has that facial look in the eyes and the set of the mouth, but the face isn't long enough. Probably best, as I have said otherwheres, to find a no-name.

You know who would have been just a fantastic Melnibonean, maybe as Elric's old retainer? The fellow who played the Andorean ambassador in the original Star Trek episode "Tower of Babel", who talks about the planet under controversy...even his odd accent would have been perfect.

Maybe Leonard Nimoy would be a good choice for Elric's retainer, a cameo that would garner quite a cache of moviegoing tickets for his appearance alone....
                        "My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night;
                        But ah my foes and oh, my friends, it gives a lovely light" - Edna St Vincent Millay

Comment

Bowie as Elric

He's too old now, but David Bowie would have made the perfect onscreen Elric.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_Hough
                            Marc Warren, charismatic, weirdly handsome british actor.
                            I was thinking about Marc Warren for the role recently. I agree with Tony on this. He does have an almost eldritch look about him - Marc Warren that is. I think he'd bring something to the role. He certainly has the skills to bring it off, he's been in a few things recently as well, Hogfather, Band of Brothers, DW. He gets my vote.
                            He's well smoked

Comment

James Marsters (from Buffy fame) who's been building a positive reputation as a stage actor.
                              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X