Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Who's writing the script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's writing the script?

I just want to know who's writing this movie? I am sure we all agree that if anyone's going to write the screen play it's Michael Moorcock. Personally, I'm not even sure I want to see an Elric movie. I hade a bad experience with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and V for Vendetta. I prefer the pictures of Elric I have in my head anyway.

No one seems to be answering this thread. I hope that this comment will trick people into making a reply. <evil_laugh>

Comment

I think it's day 5 since I posted this comment. Still no answer. Supplies are running short. Must gather food before winter.

Comment

I believe the Weitz brothers are writing the script with MM's approval.

Comment

Who are the Weitz brothers?

Comment

Vampyro? Hello?
            Can anybody tell me who the Weitz brothers are?

Comment

Dear Diary,
              I've lost all track of time know. I believe I have eaten Vampyro for sustenace. I may have also eaten my own leg, but I'm not crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY I'M NOTCRAZYI'MNOTCRAZYI'MNOTCRAZYI'MNOTCRAZY!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Comment

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

Originally posted by The Mythanian
                Dear Diary,
                I've lost all track of time know. I believe I have eaten Vampyro for sustenace. I may have also eaten my own leg, but I'm not crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY I'M NOTCRAZYI'MNOTCRAZYI'MNOTCRAZYI'MNOTCRAZY!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
                I'd like to see an Elric movie. Most definitely. Unfortunately I know zero about scriptwriters - but surely it couldn't be done without MMs involvement? I also have concerns about how it would be handled, haven't seen V yet but I shudder whenever Judge Dredd is on the TV. What an utterly butchered botch job that was!
                Judging by the TV promos for Eregon, at least the technology is there to show Dyvim Slorms' dragons in all their fearsome glory!

I know there's little substance in this post about the actual subject you raised, I just felt that it would be a shame if you disappeared down your own gullet before the film came out.........
                He's well smoked

Comment

That's okay I'm not really cannabilism-crazy, I just don't get alot of responces to this post.

Insidentlt, do you know who the Weitz brothers are?

Comment

I have to admit ignorance Mythanian. Not for the first time in these threads either! Q: Who are the Weitz brothers, and which films/TV programmes etc. have they scripted? Please feel free to expand my knowledge!
                    He's well smoked

Comment

I'll look it up.

Comment

There the guys who wrote Antz, Madeline and A Very Brady Sequil. I remember that Antz and Madeline are happy movies and the Brady Bunch, I mean come on. I feel that the Chaos Lords have abandoned us. Damn you Arioch, you betrayed us again.
                        Last edited by The Mythanian; 11-24-2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

There the guys who wrote Antz, Madeline and A Very Brady Sequil. I remember that Antz and Madeline are happy movies and the Brady Bunch, I mean come on. I feel that the Chaos Lords have abandoned us. Damn you Arioch, you betrayed us again.
                          Hardly! Where I live, Chaos reigns supreme and only 1 in 10 of us have ever heard of the Brady Bunch. Birkenhead (or brokenhead as it's often referred to as) is near Liverpool UK. Not that people from Liverpool ever come here. Arioch lives quite close to me, in fact. Mabelode too, although his pride would never allow him to admit to it.
                          On the other side of the River Mersey, in Liverpool, they refer to this area as 'the dark side'...................
                          We did get 'Antz' however. And I laffed myself sick throughout.
                          D'you really see that kind of humour in the Elric plane? I know I said that a wider audience might be more commercially viable, and that it might bring a taste of the Melnibonean ethos to a new generation, but Antz? Oh really!
                          OK, you got me!
                          Seriously though, we all know that the big 'E' stories are dark, violent and extremely melancholy. But if they were filmed that way, would we ever get a sequel? It was a serious question for Elric fans, I'm not sure whether to be purist, and go for the fatalism, or greedy for more and tone it down for the masses!
                          He's well smoked

Comment

I am fine with them making a decent Elric movie if it means they don't make a sequel. Screw the masses, I want film Elric to be just as depressed and moody as book Elric.

Comment

I am fine with them making a decent Elric movie if it means they don't make a sequel. Screw the masses, I want film Elric to be just as depressed and moody as book Elric.
                              It'd be difficult fitting the entire storyline into a single movie. It would end up being a bodge job like the Conan films or Judge Dredd , with half a dozen short storylines cobbled together to make something barely recognisable. Or am I being too negative?

Is there an existing synopsis for the film? I haven't scanned all of the older threads (too many!) so I don't know if one has been proposed yet, or whether it's still in the 'discussion' phase.

I agree with you, on a personal level. I'd rather see the film showing the dark and melancholy side of Elric. That's what makes the character for me. I think that anything else would diminish the story. I referred to the commercial option as a sort of 'devil's advocate', to open up the discussion and bring in other members' opinions. Thinking about it more deeply though, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of members are on the purist side of the argument!
                              He's well smoked

Comment

Working...
                              X