Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric Casting

Two Words: Peter Murphy

I reason this because I'd hate to see the role go to some young, soft pretty boy. I'd rather see someone older and broken with experience and real angst in his eyes. Plus Murphy has a great voice.

But we're forgetting the obvious:

One of the Winter brothers?
    Ok that was a joke...

Comment

Elric Casting

Hey Jimm, I like the idea of one of the Winter brothers, but this idea is old, back when I first started reading Elric, which was about 30 years ago.

Today, I think they are too old for this.

But seriously, what do you think about Jim Carrey? He is very versatile! I am not sure about the voice, but he definitely not a pretty boy type and not really my favorite actor, but he is good.

Originally posted by Jimm View Post
      I reason this because I'd hate to see the role go to some young, soft pretty boy. I'd rather see someone older and broken with experience and real angst in his eyes. Plus Murphy has a great voice.

But we're forgetting the obvious:

One of the Winter brothers?
      Ok that was a joke...

Comment

I don't know how widely held this is amongst readers, but there's a suggestion that Elric is in his very early twenties when the saga begins (with Elric of Melniboné) and probably not much past his early thirties by the time of Stormbringer - depending on how much time has passed in-between. As such, in terms of movie casting, I susoect they would cast young for the first movie and then 'age' the actor for the later films (rather than cast old and 'de-age' the actor for the first).

Oh, and apparently, Mike is down on the Winters because they're Scientologists or something?
        "They went into the house and were soon rolling about in bed together." - The Wrecks of Time, James Colvin, 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Faustaff View Post
          I don't know how widely held this is amongst readers, but there's a suggestion that Elric is in his very early twenties when the saga begins (with Elric of Melniboné) and probably not much past his early thirties by the time of Stormbringer - depending on how much time has passed in-between. As such, in terms of movie casting, I susoect they would cast young for the first movie and then 'age' the actor for the later films (rather than cast old and 'de-age' the actor for the first).

Oh, and apparently, Mike is down on the Winters because they're Scientologists or something?
          Well the Winters being Scientologists is a sad note. But if they were younger one or the other would have made for a good Elric. So they want some one who is in their 20's and then he ages with the movies??? Wow, that is a tall order to fill!!!!! I really want this to work. I have been waiting for this movie since after I saw Star Wars, and then after Heavy Metal, I was out of my mind trying to figure out how to get a hold of Mike to see what he thought about doing a movie on his books. I just figured that since I never read anything in any of the rags (industry mags), that he was totally against turning any of his books to film. I just can't wait till this comes to fruition!!!!

P.S. Hey, don't know what happened, but as I was trying to post a message and it kinda of freaked out so if this shows up twice please feel free to delete one or the other.

Comment

Working...
          X