Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Johnny Depp as Elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp as Elric

I know its been suggested 1000 times but I honestly think Johnny Depp is the best actor currently working who could honestly do justice to Elric.

I just saw the Libertine, not a particularly great film but Depp's performance in it (as a cynical anti-hero) really illustrates his range as an actor.
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Originally posted by devilchicken
    I know its been suggested 1000 times but I honestly think Johnny Depp is the best actor currently working who could honestly do justice to Elric.

I just saw the Libertine, not a particularly great film but Depp's performance in it (as a cynical anti-hero) really illustrates his range as an actor.
    No! Johnny Depp for Jerry Cornelius!

Comment

No reason why the same actor couldn't play most of the incarnations of the eternal champion...
      Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken
        No reason why the same actor couldn't play most of the incarnations of the eternal champion...
        Good point, except for Hawkmoon (Christopher Ecclestone) and John Daker/Erikose ('The Rock' [1st choice], or Vin Diesel).

Comment

Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Eric Bana are fantastic actors IMO.

Comment

SUGGESTIONS FOR ACTORS

VINCENT PEREZ SHOULD BE ELRIC, BILLY NIGHY SHOULD BE TANGLE BONES, MARTON CSOKAS SHOULD BE YYRKOON, AND I WILL BE ARIOCH

HAHAHHA

Comment

Originally posted by jan
              VINCENT PEREZ SHOULD BE ELRIC, BILLY NIGHY SHOULD BE TANGLE BONES, MARTON CSOKAS SHOULD BE YYRKOON, AND I WILL BE ARIOCH

HAHAHHA
              Just because the guy 'looks' right, it doesn't mean he can act the part

Comment

Buster Keaton should play Elric, unfortunatelly, he's dead.

Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Aye - Depp would make a pretty good Elric. Incredibly versatile, and his face isn't particularly distinctive, so once albinised he would be seen as 'Elric' rather than 'xxx playing Elric'. On the other hand... has anyone seen him really display his emotions in a film? I'm thinking 'insane anger' here, it being a rather essential part of the Elric character.

I know Jude Law can manage that....

As for Arioch... has to be David Bowie! (Or Richard E. Grant if Bowie isn't available).
                  Arma virumque cano.

Comment

Depp is definitely a talented enough actor to do it justice. I've yet to see him do less than decent in any performance he's done, and frequently he's fantastic. But...

He's actually getting somewhat old to play Elric... who I believe was around 25 at the time of EoM. Depp is over 40 now, albeit still youthful looking.

Also, to me, Depp's face is too round looking for Elric. Elric is typically depicted with a more narrow facial structure. Depp projects 'bohemian' more than 'aristocratic' to me. I think he'd do a better Jhary A'Conel, personally.

Comment

Johnny Depp to play Sweeney Todd in Tim Burton screen version of the Stephen Sondheim musical:
                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4801161.stm

Depp's working his way up to playing Jerry Cornelius in the John Waters remake of 'The Final Programme', I tell you!

'The Cornelius Chronicles' are going to be Depp's own take on the 'Bond' series franchise.

It's going to be BIG!

Comment

I'd rather Depp to skip his current projects and leap right into Cornelius!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                          I'd rather Depp to skip his current projects and leap right into Cornelius!
                          In the name of Chaos! Somebody send him a script!

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios
                            In the name of Chaos! Somebody send him a script!

Yeah! Let's, at least, send him the books!

-and some Jerry Cornelius artwork would not hurt either!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
                              Yeah! Let's, at least, send him the books!

-and some Jerry Cornelius artwork would not hurt either!
                              The mod gear, alone, would sell him the whole deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X