Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric movie action figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric movie action figures

Just being silly here.
    A friend and I were discussing this the other day, and laughing a lot about it. I can just imagine the comercials "Yes boys and girls, now you too can own the Ship of Chaos action play set. Batteries not included. Lord Pyaray sold separately". I imagine this is something that would not even be considered, until Universal determines the success of the movie. Considering the adult nature of the stories, probably not at all. But if they did, I would collect them all. It would be difficult to leave them in the box though. (It would also be pretty pathetic to be caught playing with them at my age.)
    Would anybody else out there be interested in collecting these, or have I just alienated all of you?
    Last edited by Thiassi; 07-28-2006, 09:43 AM.

And about the PlayMobil?
    Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Mike, I hope this notion doesn't offend you too much. Considering the adult nature of the stories, and the fact that they are "your babies" I can imagine that this is one of your worst nightmares. (Right up there with children running around on halloween swinging little plastic stormbringers.)
      It was just a funny conversation I had with a friend.
      We also discussed a Melnibonian dragon swing set. the problem there is that I would want to swing on it, and I can here the kids now. "Mom! Dad broke Flamefang again."

Comment

If not toys, I would like to see an "Elric" card game,maybe a new boardgame, as I mentioned in the game threads, somewhere. haha.

I would also suggest a new bust or mini-statue of the various characters.

I assume all this would be up to Universal Studios as they have the rights for the Elric movie.

I would not mind seeing other, non-Elric, Michael Moorcock collectibles though.

Raven Armory might be making the swords to sell like some companies do for other fantasy movies and shows, I don't know.

My thoughts are all speculation, but I do have an interest in it.

Too bad there are twelve numbers on a clock or I would make "Chaos Clocks",
        haha, still could, just put the emblem in he center, but the arrows would not match up to the numbers, at least not all of them.

I am for "Phoorn Dragon" plastic model kits, and character ones as well.

As, a matter of fact, I'd better prepare a wall with extra shelves just in case!

I am still waiting for someone to come up with "Melnibonopoly. Where you can choose a piece and go around the board of Young Kingdom real estate. Well, that's taking it a little too far, haha.

A playstation2,PC or similar video game would rule the known cosmos though.

That does make you wonder what rating they will recieve for the film.

I don't feel, in my opinion, that the first movie would be an R or NC-17. Or rather, it does not have to be, PG-13 movies get away with alot of material, but I guess it should be an R so nothing has to be held back. The Later movies will have to have R-Ratings, I think.

I feel there could be a few things in the first that would squeeze by (thinking of the novels), but I have not seen any of the screenplay, of course.

There are other movies out there that seem to get by with adult situations, it all depends I guess.

In conclusion, what I am trying to say is, that the rating will probably determine action figures and playsets.

I'll settle for a few nice movie posters! Plus a wall full of newly printed Moorcock books!

thanks,

-Lemec
        Last edited by lemec; 07-28-2006, 12:18 PM.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

RPG or Wargame mini's from a company like Reaper would generate quite a bit of income from me :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thiassi
            Mike, I hope this notion doesn't offend you too much. Considering the adult nature of the stories, and the fact that they are "your babies" I can imagine that this is one of your worst nightmares. (Right up there with children running around on halloween swinging little plastic stormbringers.)
            It was just a funny conversation I had with a friend.
            We also discussed a Melnibonian dragon swing set. the problem there is that I would want to swing on it, and I can here the kids now. "Mom! Dad broke Flamefang again."
            If you want to make serious looking action figures, turn to Spawn-based toyline, McFarlane. His recent expansion into horror movies, and classic icons like Conan have proved to be sucessful, both as serious pieces of art and figurines. At 23, I have no shame displaying my Conan figures by McFarlane to all you come over... (then again most people think I'm nuts anyway....)

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
              If you want to make serious looking action figures, turn to Spawn-based toyline, McFarlane. His recent expansion into horror movies, and classic icons like Conan have proved to be sucessful, both as serious pieces of art and figurines. At 23, I have no shame displaying my Conan figures by McFarlane to all you come over... (then again most people think I'm nuts anyway....)
              I agree. The McFarlane lineis very good. Lots of detail.
              It seems that a movie can show 1 breast, and drop the f-bomb once per movie, and still remain PG-13. I don't know how the people who rate the movie feel about incest, canniblism, and demon summoning though. These are the issues that will probably get it an R. A PS2, or pc game will be tooooooo much fun. I won't get any work done if those come out.

Comment

I agree with Lemec " newly printed moorcock books" then I can complete my collection and fullfill my obsession with imagination inspiring novels.
                About the action figures I'd collect them (especially Mcfarland figures) but they wouldn't last long. Even if I put them on a shelf twelve inches from the ceiling my 2 year old would find a way to "play with the dollies."

Comment

Elric Action Figure from Xiamen, China.

Like most travel writers, I'm always intrigued by Asian hobby shops, especially when they've got in the window a prominent display of an action figure looking suspiciously like our own Melnibonean lord Elric. Came across this particular hobby shop in the city of Xiamen, a lovely port town on China's Sword Coast, Just a stone's throw away from the Taiwanese-held island of Kinmen. I thought it looked enough like Elric to warrant a shot. The doll was 80 Yuan, but I'm sure I could have bargained the shopkeep down. Enjoy!

JSB

Comment

ya remove that hood and paint the suit black. maybe that is Erekose's sword, but we could make a Stormbringer for the figure. haha

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Thiassi
                      (It would also be pretty pathetic to be caught playing with them at my age.)
                      Bah. Screw that stupid belief. Action figures rule. I would still be playing with my Power Rangers figures, except I can't find them... :(

Comment

I would have to leave them in the box, just in case the movie was a huge success. I destroyed all of my original star wars toys when I was a kid, and look at what they are worth now. A Darth Vader, with the lightsaber that telescopes out of the arm, goes for over $1000.00 at auctions all the time. Chewbaca with bowcaster is worth almost as much. Not that I would ever sell the Elric figures, but it would be nice to say I learned from my childhood mistakes. Who knows what they will be worth 20 years after the movie. I guess it all depends on supply and demand, as well as the success of the movie.
                        Patiently waiting...................
                        Last edited by Thiassi; 08-21-2006, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I'm just hoping for an Electronic Stormbringer, with light-up runes and "real crooning sound effects!" :)
                          Best/Mario

Comment

Originally posted by Mario
                            I'm just hoping for an Electronic Stormbringer, with light-up runes and "real crooning sound effects!" :)
                            I would have to own a couple of those also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario
                              Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X