Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Vincent Cassell as Elric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincent Cassell as Elric?

Hear me out if you would...although the actor is French, I hear his english is very good and he's done quite a bit of serious acting as well as action oriented roles. His name is Vincent Cassell and he honestly looks to me in facial structure EXACTLY like my imagined image of Elric.I kept thinking that Vincent Cassell looked familiar... but then the first time I was discussing the movie with another Moorcock fan he said "How about that french actor Vincent Cassell?" Immediately responded with "THAT'S IT! THATS WHO I KEEP THINKING OF WHEN I SEE HIM! ".... but that was the missing piece... I looked through my favorite illustrations of Elric and my favorite depiction of Elric's face is a dead ringer for Cassell (although it's far from my favorite depiction of the dragon helm).

For those unfamiliar with him - e's one of Joan D'Arc's soldiers in "The Messenger" and arguably the main villain in "The Brotherhood of the Wolf" as well as being the master thief in "Ocean's Twelve" (although in the case of Ocean's Twelve he's got curly short black hair... but check out the other two )

-Blackrazor

Originally posted by Blackrazor
    Hear me out if you would...although the actor is French, I hear his english is very good and he's done quite a bit of serious acting as well as action oriented roles. His name is Vincent Cassell and he honestly looks to me in facial structure EXACTLY like my imagined image of Elric.I kept thinking that Vincent Cassell looked familiar... but then the first time I was discussing the movie with another Moorcock fan he said "How about that french actor Vincent Cassell?" Immediately responded with "THAT'S IT! THATS WHO I KEEP THINKING OF WHEN I SEE HIM! ".... but that was the missing piece... I looked through my favorite illustrations of Elric and my favorite depiction of Elric's face is a dead ringer for Cassell (although it's far from my favorite depiction of the dragon helm).

For those unfamiliar with him - e's one of Joan D'Arc's soldiers in "The Messenger" and arguably the main villain in "The Brotherhood of the Wolf" as well as being the master thief in "Ocean's Twelve" (although in the case of Ocean's Twelve he's got curly short black hair... but check out the other two )

-Blackrazor

hmmm,perhaps.....

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/02375...sel,%20Vincent

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

He has a look of semi paranoid guy that you don't know whether he is an intelligent good guy or some evil bad guy.So,he would be an interesting candidate...but not exactly.

Man,you spoil the Brotherhood of the wolf in your post!Put some alerts...some guys my not have watched the movie.
      (Don't worry,I have seen it twice)

Comment

Not him, pleeeeease...
        Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

It's not the Elric look I personally favour (I like Gould's depictions best), but he could have done an Elric. At 40 I think he's too old for the part though.

Comment

Better Johnny Deep or Leo Di Caprio than Cassel.

Comment

Vincent Cassell, my all time Elric favorite.

Comment

There are plenty french actor, much better than Cassel. Romain Duris, Clovis Cornillac (even if this one is oversized for Elric)...

Why not Adrian Brody?

Comment

Adrian Brody should be Dyvim Slorm. (in my humble opinion)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Oh no, not Adrien Brody. Since "Thin red line" he impersonates the coward prototype for me. And he hasn't the right looks.

Comment

Hmm... I would have to disagree with you, friend... Elric's features are by far more detailed than Vincent's... Even if you doused his whole frame with the details of Elric, he would not look anything like the albino prince... I would say that I totally disagree...
                      They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

Lemec I agree, Adrian Brody should play Dyvim Slorm, he looks nearly like the way I imagined Dyvim to look! I still cannot figure out who should play Moonglum or Dyvim Tvar, though... Any suggestions from anyone?

I fare thee well....

The Dark Mage Of Melnibone
                        They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

True, Dark Mage of Melniboné, but with some "makeup" he would fit :-).
                          Did you see him in "Brotherhood of the Wolf"? Man, he can do swordfighting and the Elric actor should be able to handle a big sword.
                          My second suggestion is Jude Law.
                          Last edited by Frank_Raskob; 09-16-2006, 01:35 AM.

Comment

No, please

Vincent Cassel is already married with Monica Bellucci... he is already lucky enough. Maybe, the best elric could be Johnny depp... what do you think about this????

Gabriele

Comment

Why not Adrien Brody? I thing he is the best to perform Elric, apart from a great actor he looks like him a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X