Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Miqque Tries to Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DickBird
    replied
    I never read the Elric series before, I only read the Alien Heat series and some of Mr. Moorcocks other, shorter books before.

Started reading Elric the other day, and so far in writing style anyway it reminds me a lot of An Alien Heat, which I've always thought would make a terrific movie in its own right by the way.

I don't know anything about screenwriting, but I think these people must be crazy not to have done this Elric movie before now. Mr. Moorcock's prose (in an Alien Heat and in this first Elric book so far anyway) seems made for adaption to the screen from the very start, to me. That is, it has rather sparse dialog and a lot of descriptions of the surroundings.

Seems to me they could throw a huge amount of visual effects into it and use the dialog pretty much as is. As long as the major characters speak in the sort of arch and maybe a little decadent english accent I always imagine them using, I don't see how they could fail to make something right in line with what I'd hope to see, and probably a massive moneymaker to boot.

Hope they come to their senses soon.

Leave a comment:

• Miqque
    started a topic Miqque Tries to Update

Miqque Tries to Update

Since "Berry" is now der Fuchs, let me give this a go.

Universal still owns the rights, but have done diddley-squat.

The Weitz Brothers are on another project, making it look like they're available again early next year.

The script is done, but I haven't seen it yet, so I don'y know whether to hype or scream.

No casting done. Some location work seriously discussed.

Universal probably needs to cough up more bucks to retain rights pretty soon.

Other news as I get it, or pry it out of Mike!

(On a personal note, I think what's needed is to get a star who is hyped and involved to get some word-of-mouth spin going. In Hollywood, it ain't what you know, it's who you know.)
Working...
X